Fender bras

mlan12

5+ Posts
Jul 8, 2023
Mossyrock, Wa, USA
I finally was able to take delivery of my new Tri Glide Ultra. I was advised that fender bras are a good idea on trikes to prevent paint damage. I purchased bras from the dealer. I have seen posts regarding paint damage caused by debris being introduced under the bras while washing the trike. The rear of the bras are attached by a screw in the tail light assembly. I would rather not have to remove the tail lights just to wash the trike. Is there a way I can avoid this problem while washing? I am pretty sure the bras can be removed from the front of the fender pretty easily.

I finally was able to take delivery of my new Tri Glide Ultra. I was advised that fender bras are a good idea on trikes to prevent paint damage. I purchased bras from the dealer. I have seen posts regarding paint damage caused by debris being introduced under the bras while washing the trike. The rear of the bras are attached by a screw in the tail light assembly. I would rather not have to remove the tail lights just to wash the trike. Is there a way I can avoid this problem while washing? I am pretty sure the bras can be removed from the front of the fender pretty easily.

We have fender bras. When we wash, we sort of slide a cloth between the bra and the fender. This seems to precent anything from going between them.

Our bra has snaps - but, we have preferred to not unsnap.

Mine came with fender bras. I removed them, because I new this girl that had a trike & she only used to ride it with a bra or halter top , or a bathing suit top. She saw my trike with the fender bras on asked if they chaffed or scratch the paint ? I said I don't know I never removed them, She says let's remove them and look I say ok, Oh my good the fenders have scratches & marks all over them. She says thats why I stopped wearing a bra. No more bras for me. :D

Mine came with fender bras. I removed them, because I new this girl that had a trike & she only used to ride it with a bra or halter top , or a bathing suit top. She saw my trike with the fender bras on asked if they chaffed or scratch the paint ? I said I don't know I never removed them, She says let's remove them and look I say ok, Oh my good the fenders have scratches & marks all over them. She says thats why I stopped wearing a bra. No more bras for me. :D

Yup , rather have an occasional rock ding than chaffed nipples ! :D

They do leave marks on the paint just from moving around from wind as you drive. The thread in the seams where the clips are sewn in is not all that great. Mine rotted out after a couple of years, and after I stopped one day driving across the desert I fine one of my fender bra's dragging behind me because the clip was missing. Took them off and threw them in the trash can.

From what I have heard most people put a clear film on fender before installing the fender bra. Personally I wouldn't want the bra, I have film on mine and still looking good and no rock chips, knock on wood, if I get a rock chip, just touch it up with paint, each to their own, bra or not bra LOL

All for now Trampas

Dated a girl quite some time ago who introduced me to her mother. Her mother immediately wanted to show off her living room couch and sofas. In the room were three pieces of furniture covered with sheets. Under the sheets the furniture was covered with plastic. They never sat on them. Fender bras remind me of this. Love my trike, but I got it to ride, not show off the paint.

Dated a girl quite some time ago who introduced me to her mother. Her mother immediately wanted to show off her living room couch and sofas. In the room were three pieces of furniture covered with sheets. Under the sheets the furniture was covered with plastic. They never sat on them. Fender bras remind me of this. Love my trike, but I got it to ride, not show off the paint.

Hummm..guess you don't use floor mats in your car either?

To me, that exactly what the fender bra does - protects.

Back in the late 1960s early 1970s. I worked in a junkyard for a while. The yard would get a few 1950s cars in now and then that had vinyl seat covers on the seats . The cars were rusted junk but boy them seats were perfect :laugh:. Never understood torturing yourself with that vinyl on hot/cold days just to have a beautiful seat when the rest was worn out ??

I put the clear plastic on the rear fenders of my trike for protection they protect against small rocks and stuff.

I dont bother with the leather covers if nothing else the part covered by the leather will be a different shade in a few years good or bad

I am not going to be a slave to trying to keep the bike in showroom new condition so I can get an extra $100.00 on trade in/sale

It gets washed once a week IF it needs it

Back in the late 1960s early 1970s. I worked in a junkyard for a while. The yard would get a few 1950s cars in now and then that had vinyl seat covers on the seats . The cars were rusted junk but boy them seats were perfect :laugh:. Never understood torturing yourself with that vinyl on hot/cold days just to have a beautiful seat when the rest was worn out ??

I put the clear plastic on the rear fenders of my trike for protection they protect against small rocks and stuff.

I dont bother with the leather covers if nothing else the part covered by the leather will be a different shade in a few years good or bad

I am not going to be a slave to trying to keep the bike in showroom new condition so I can get an extra $100.00 on trade in/sale

Consider Creakote after washing, I think you will be amazed , I do not wax any more

519Y2x87OXL._AC_.jpg

Back in the late 1960s early 1970s. I worked in a junkyard for a while. The yard would get a few 1950s cars in now and then that had vinyl seat covers on the seats . The cars were rusted junk but boy them seats were perfect :laugh:. Never understood torturing yourself with that vinyl on hot/cold days just to have a beautiful seat

When I was a kid, my father, buy a new car , Drive out of the showroom go across the street to Rayco and have those plastic covers put on. Then we would suffer through the hot sticky summer the cold winters sitting on them and then every two years when he traded in the car the dealer would rip the covers off and then somebody else new comfortable seats to sit on .. To this day I cannot understand the mindset ! Like putting bras on vehicles. They always remind me of flotation devices ..

Mine is lucky to get washed twice a year. If I'm not riding, then the weather is too bad to even drag it out to wash. I bought mine used and it already had some rock marks. So it didn't bother me to add a few more.

My uncle asked once when I first got it if I bought it to ride or look at. I didn't worry so much after that. Lol.

Bra/protection

I had bras on my 2010 trike for about 8 or 9 years, when I removed them fenders were free of chips/dings but no amount of polishing/buffing could remove the outline/fading left after that amount of time-ended uo putting them back on when I traded it in.

WHY cover-up a good thing (wether its human or a beautiful paint job)!Havent bought any for the new machine, but will down the road if rocks, etc. start to be an issue. Just my input/personal opinion.

:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back