Extra Fuel Tank

Does anyone have the extra fuel tank installed? I’m on the fence while my bike is being built with the CSC Encore kit. My reservations are because of the connections between the two tanks! There are bushings that must be installed. This is a area I feel would leak after time if they dry out.

The cost of repairs would be mind boggling since fiberglass would have to be removed in order to get to the problem area. I guess my ranting here is actually talking myself out of the extra tank! But it would be nice to have that extra fuel instead of stopping every two hundred miles if I get that! How do you guys that have tank installed feel about this? $1000 for tank and install or just carry a small gas can on long trips?

Does anyone have the extra fuel tank installed? I’m on the fence while my bike is being built with the CSC Encore kit. My reservations are because of the connections between the two tanks! There are bushings that must be installed. This is a area I feel would leak after time if they dry out. The cost of repairs would be mind boggling since fiberglass would have to be removed in order to get to the problem area. I guess my ranting here is actually talking myself out of the extra tank! But it would be nice to have that extra fuel instead of stopping every two hundred miles if I get that! How do you guys that have tank installed feel about this? $1000 for tank and install or just carry a small gas can on long trips?

Randall........Welcome To Trike-Talk......:wave4:...

And about the extra tank.....Just get it you won't regret it....

Does anyone have the extra fuel tank installed? I’m on the fence while my bike is being built with the CSC Encore kit. My reservations are because of the connections between the two tanks! There are bushings that must be installed. This is a area I feel would leak after time if they dry out.

The cost of repairs would be mind boggling since fiberglass would have to be removed in order to get to the problem area. I guess my ranting here is actually talking myself out of the extra tank! But it would be nice to have that extra fuel instead of stopping every two hundred miles if I get that! How do you guys that have tank installed feel about this? $1000 for tank and install or just carry a small gas can on long trips?

You have nothing to fear regarding CSC's auxiliary fuel tank. The hardware they use has been in use for many years and installed on thousands of trikes and it does not leak, if fact their's is the only trike auxiliary fuel tank that has been tested and approved by CARB in California. If you could see the hardware used and the installation process you would be a believer guaranteed.

Agree... get the tank...you won’t regret it...you will thank us for this voice of experience over and over...

Every 50+ mile trip I made with my ‘08 Gold Wing trike screamed at me ... wish I had an auxiliary fuel tank so I could quit watching that stupid fuel gauge needle drop like a rock.

Randall, Pappy Zook built my trike with the auxiliary fuel tank which I probably wouldn't have ordered because I'm poor. However now that I have the tank and now that I've had an opportunity to inspect it I'm glad I have it. I have several concerns about my new trike compared to my old trike but worrying about the auxiliary fuel tank leaking or failing isn't one of my concerns. I am just now learning how it works and how many miles per tank I can expect, etc. The extra fuel will come in handy when we go to Pike's Peak in July from Kentucky. Good luck with your decision, it's your ride so get it the way you want it.

Bill

Get the tank! The only down side to the CSC aux. tank is it takes a bit longer to fill because it is gravity fill (and empty). No valves or pumps involved. You will be glad you have it..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back