External breather system

Kevin

I'm looking at installing an external breather system such as the one you have on your 2014 Tri Glide. I have a 2016 Tri Glide, which external breather system kit are you currently using and would it work on my 2016? Photos below of my Screamin' Eagle Ventilator.

To the OP, on my 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic I had a external external breather system similar to what Fearless is running and I had a catch can on the right down tube.

I would drain the catch can every month.

I used RTV to plug the holes filter where the stock breather hose went, never had any problems.

With my 2016 Tri Glide I'm thinking of going with a setup like what Kevin is running, looks very nice.

6bull aka Jim

ventilator1.jpg ventilator2.jpg

Below is not a photo on it with the Rushmore cover, but it would work the same (less of the hose will show with the Rushmore).

It stays stationary, and will not bang around. (I have close to 20K miles with this set-up on my Tri-Glide)

7%20Spoke%20606%20CC%20Chrome%20Covers(1).jpg

Here is a photo of where Jim put his, below the right side cover-

FoundryRatJimA.jpg

For a long time I ran mine below the rider floorboard. It is completely hidden, unless you're on the ground looking up. There is plenty of room inside the floorboard bracket to route it there easily. That is where Devin runs his on his Street Glide also. I looked around for some photo's, could not find any. But if you look at the space between the frame and your floorboards, you will see there is a lot of room there.

Kevin

Kevin

I'm looking at installing an external breather system such as the one you have on your 2014 Tri Glide. I have a 2016 Tri Glide, which external breather system kit are you currently using and would it work on my 2016? Photos below of my Screamin' Eagle Ventilator.

I'd double check with DK to see if it will fit up to a 2016(they will probably respond on here), but the setup is from here: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/All-...ngines_c76.htm

Hi Jim,

With that A/C you have a few choices-

Either one of the DIY Head Breather Systems at this LINK will work. These come with a filter, you can get the Catch Can at this LINK and replace the filter with it.

The other option is a bit less expensive, and cleaner looking from certain angles. It does require drilling a couple of holes in the backplate (this is not a big issue at all). You can see it at this LINK.

If you want to use the black fiber braided hose (that is what I have on mine) it can be seen at this LINK.

Yes, all of these will fit a 2016 (and the '17 M8's also).

Kevin

Kevin

To the OP, on my 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic I had a external external breather system similar to what Fearless is running and I had a catch can on the right down tube. I would drain the catch can every month.

I used RTV to plug the holes filter where the stock breather hose went, never had any problems.

With my 2016 Tri Glide I'm thinking of going with a setup like what Kevin is running, looks very nice.

6bull aka Jim

View attachment 40474 View attachment 40475