Engine fans

Dec 5, 2010
Ft lauderdale, FL
Do i ever love my Parts Werks fans. The temp was over 100 with the heat index and sitting in traffic the trike purred like a kitten. We rode to a bike event with great music and food and everyone was coming over and lootrike fans 3.jpgking at the fans that were running to cool off the motor. I cant say enough nice things about the product quality and the ease of installation.

I agree, and have them as well. Rode over the weekend in 105*, and man was it hot! I picked the trike up Thursday from the HD dealer, doing a Power Vision tune, and the technician commented on how well the fans worked during his tuning runs.
The tune worked well (finally), and I was pulling long hills at 75 mph with throttle to spare. But, almost too hot to ride in the heat of the day.

I just got back from doing a Route 66 ride to Calif. and back. Rode through the desert for hours at 120* plus some forest fires thrown in. The highest my oil got was 258* according to the LED dip stick.

I was riding a loaner Ultra yesterday and wondered why it felt hotter then my TG. Then I realized it didn't have my floor board extenders. They REALLY DO make a difference. Bike is completely stock.

I have never felt uncomfortable with the heat on any of my Harleys. I think maybe I have a higher tolerance for heat then most.

Our Street Glide has V&H Power Dual headpipes and Monster Oval mufflers so there's no cat converter. Also,Sherry and I are accustomed to riding a Boss Hoss trike. You don't want to experience how hot & uncomfortable those things get in stop & go traffic.(although the new all-alum LS engines are much cooler running)

I'm hoping the Wards fans will keep engine temps down to a manageable level.

Bought the fans off of Pete. Had reduced reach bars installed, and had the fans installed with a dedicated auxiliary switch on the console. They were the older type with the so-called bad creeper thermal switch, so I took it out of the equation.

Thanks to Pete for the fans!

Wards Cooling Fans

I have a set of Wards Parts Werks fans I would like to install on my new 2015 Ultra Tri Glide.

They came off my 2010 Street Glide and were wired into the "B" terminal under the seat.

I contacted Jason who makes the fans and asked if the 2015 had a "B" terminal so I could plug in the fans.

He said the 15's do not have the connector.

My question is , how did you guys wire them up ? Did you connect directly to the battery or somewhere else.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ride safe,
Lawless

I have a set of Wards Parts Werks fans I would like to install on my new 2015 Ultra Tri Glide.

They came off my 2010 Street Glide and were wired into the "B" terminal under the seat.

I contacted Jason who makes the fans and asked if the 2015 had a "B" terminal so I could plug in the fans.

He said the 15's do not have the connector.

My question is , how did you guys wire them up ? Did you connect directly to the battery or somewhere else.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ride safe,
Lawless

I had mine wired up directly to an auxiliary switch on the 'dashboard' of my TG. The fan button is right next to the passing lights button. It's a really neat and fairly inexpensive way of doing it if you have any technical nohow.

The switches and harness cost $80 at the Harley store, and you have an extra button if you have something else you want to hook up to it in the future.

I didn't hook up the thermostat switch at all. I just leave the small switch on the side of the fans on at all times, and I control it from the console.

Hope this helps...

Scott

just got my fans the other day waited a long time for the chrome ones and I'm glad I did.now once the rtv silicone cures on the snap switch I will wire it directly to the battery.just take off the seat and fish the wires to the battery making sure they are all tie wrapped away from the engine

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back