Doing a test ride today..

Okay here it is. Ron took the steering damper shock off the TG to see if it would be easier for me to steer. We went up Hwy 64 to Hwy 30 (very twisty, hilly road), then onto Hwy 315, another very curvey hilly road. It made just a small amount of difference in the steering for me. I guess I could say, that it wasn't significant enough to recommend that they be removed. End of test!:D

I am surprised the steering is tough for you. Mine steers with barely a push or pull. My only problem is I could use pull back risers, but really I don't have too much trouble with my shoulders.

I'll have to check your's out at MV. I really don't have trouble with my shoulders, it's just hard to push and pull, but of course I don't do many straight roads. Maybe I'm just a winer!!:laugh: I'm really not complaining about it, It could be alot worse. I do love this trike.

I'll have to check your's out at MV. I really don't have trouble with my shoulders, it's just hard to push and pull, but of course I don't do many straight roads. Maybe I'm just a winer!!:laugh: I'm really not complaining about it, It could be alot worse. I do love this trike.

Can't compare our curves with your twisties! Plus, you go slower in the mts. and I know the slower the more push and pull. Its hard for me to explain how I turn, but weight my footboard in the direction of the turn and hug the tank with opposite knee. Lock my pushing elbow. Trike pretty much steers itself with that little shift in weight. Basically, very little push pull action there.

Joan, I don't know what slow is. Does doing the speed limit, mean slow? I on a weekday when riding the Dragon, usually run around 45, but a couple of switchbacks require slower. We run BRP around 50 or 55, it's a 45 mile speed limit. Hwy 30 is a 30 /40 mile speed limit, do around 45 on it. These are all very twisty, hairpins and switchback type curves. Are you saying since these are slower speeds, it makes it harder to steer? If I'm flying down a straight road I can turn the handlebars loose for a minute or so, and it goes great on its own. I always look through the curves, so don't think it's that. I've had numerous men and women say I can handle the trike better than most men they have seen ride one. I have lead many rides over these hilly roads, So I don't think it is how I ride, it just takes much more upper body strength. I'll see what your trike does when I turn the handlebars, then I will decide if Ron needs to do some adjusting somewhere. Of course I am getting older, so it may just seem as if it is harder to turn than my SG was.:Shrug: Looking forward to seeing you next month.

Joan, I don't know what slow is. Does doing the speed limit, mean slow? I on a weekday when riding the Dragon, usually run around 45, but a couple of switchbacks require slower. We run BRP around 50 or 55, it's a 45 mile speed limit. Hwy 30 is a 30 /40 mile speed limit, do around 45 on it. These are all very twisty, hairpins and switchback type curves. Are you saying since these are slower speeds, it makes it harder to steer? If I'm flying down a straight road I can turn the handlebars loose for a minute or so, and it goes great on its own. I always look through the curves, so don't think it's that. I've had numerous men and women say I can handle the trike better than most men they have seen ride one. I have lead many rides over these hilly roads, So I don't think it is how I ride, it just takes much more upper body strength. I'll see what your trike does when I turn the handlebars, then I will decide if Ron needs to do some adjusting somewhere. Of course I am getting older, so it may just seem as if it is harder to turn than my SG was.:Shrug: Looking forward to seeing you next month.

Don't misunderstand me, Annette! Like I said, it is different riding conditions compared to ours on the coast. I'm sure you can ride rings around me! I ride SLOW in the mountains, speed limit or just a little under. And you do a LOT more turning then I do.;) I sure wasn't saying how you rode.

Joan

I know Joan, just don't understand why I'm thinking the TG is harder to steer than that the SG was. When we are riding on a straight road, I can actually steer with one hand, really with the finger tips. I'm still needing to get just a little closer to the bars, but putting off buying another Mustang seat for now. LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back