Do you use a paddock stand?

Nov 16, 2011
Jacksonville Beach
Want to change the front tire on my K1200LT trike in the near future. Recently saw a CycleGear ad for a paddock stand (also called a race stand) used by the sport bikers.

My question to the forum, is this a practical way to lift the front wheel of the trike to change the tire? Can these stands safely carry the weight of our bigger machines?

I have 2 piece ramp to get clearance for an oil change, but the tire is still resting on the ramp platform, so that's not a solution.

Not sure what device you are talking about but if it the one I have seen used it lifts by the ends of the front axle. That will not allow the front wheel to be removed. If it lifts by the front of the frame it should be fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back