Display Indicators

Truckdogg4

10+ Posts
Sep 17, 2022
Decatur
I have a 2021 Honda Goldwing Trike. What does it mean when you have ***** showing next to the gear indicator? Also the Hill Assist and ABS lights are flashing. Any suggestions are fixing this problem?

Gear Indicator Error

I have a 2021 Honda Goldwing Trike. What does it mean when you have ***** showing next to the gear indicator? Also the Hill Assist and ABS lights are flashing. Any suggestions are fixing this problem?

It's one of those mysteries of the universe. I've only had it happen one time at 3900 miles on my 2019 DCT trike, and the bike wouldn't down-shift gears correctly coming off the highway. After stopping at the bottom of the off-ramp and turning the ignition on/off a few times, eventually the display indicated that I needed to hold the brake lever while pushing the start button.

The transmission reset to Neutral, the ***** message went away and the TOUR message was visible again. Rode it to the Honda dealer with no further issues. They went through the bike and could not get it to repeat the error. They thought it might have been a momentary voltage change (like a loose battery wire), but the battery cables were tight. They cleared the computer message in the system and sent we down the road with no charge for a repair.

When I described the symptoms to another Honda dealer, that mechanic also indicated that it might have been a temporary fluctuation in voltage that caused an electrical issue, but he couldn't confirm it either.

Now with 22,000 miles on the trike, I've not seen the ***** message again. Weird...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back