Decided to go with Roadsmith

Sep 4, 2017
Lexington Park, MD
Jim Purdy at Lucky's Cycles convinced me to go with this product for my 2015 Road Glide Special.

Dang, it is not cheap when you consider:

1 Crating

2 Shipping

3 Insurance

4 Dealer install

This Roadsmith HDTR conversion for my 2015 Road Glide special is going to cost me just south of $20,000.

I could sell my bike and get a new Tri-Glide for this money.

But it would not be a Road Glide!!!

seeya

You get what you pay for and a quality trike isn't cheap. You are getting a quality trike that will ride better than a Triglide, have more storage capacity and will last you as long as you want it to. You won't be sorry that you spent the bucks for a great ride and I'm pretty sure when all is said and done, the money you spent on it won't be a concern. After putting some miles on it the only thing you will be thinking about is why you waited as long as you did to do it. Naturally everyone on here will demand you supply pictures. We are funny about that so you will be required to oblige. Don't let us down. Now you get to suffer through the wait but it will be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the finished product and congratulations.

Congrats. You forgot to include the cost of painting to match the host motorcycle, unless that was included in the price.

Trike Lady, painting the trike whisky amber orange at the factory is included in the price. It is a "premium" paint which of course costs more.

But it is a gorgeous color.

Seeya...

Hi all,

Yep, no one is twisting my arm to spend this money. I'm at a point in my life where I can afford it. Plus I REALLY want a trike and I think this Whiskey Amber Orange Road Glide Trike is going to look really good.

It pretty much will be loaded. Here is the list of what I'm having installed:

HDTR Kit

HDTR Reverse

HDTR Steering Kit

Auxiliary 3 gallon fuel tank (I may need it when I do my two month road trip out west someday!)

Black / Silver rear wheel package

Parking Brake

Main Body Whiskey Amber Premium Color

Bank Angle Switch (required)(I actually don't know what that is. I forgot to ask the shop about it.)

ABS Delete (my front wheel will still have factory ABS)

Performance Sway Bar

Roadsmith Chrome Nerf bumper

Trailer Draw Bar

Trailer Converter

Pretty much going all the way now instead of going through the trouble of adding something later.

Another factor is that I really like the owner of Lucky's Cycles, Jim Purdy. We hit if off pretty good. I feel like I can trust him and his team.

Pictures will definitely been posted once I get the trike.

Seeya...

Reactions: GRR
You get what you pay for and a quality trike isn't cheap. You are getting a quality trike that will ride better than a Triglide, have more storage capacity and will last you as long as you want it to. You won't be sorry that you spent the bucks for a great ride and I'm pretty sure when all is said and done, the money you spent on it won't be a concern. After putting some miles on it the only thing you will be thinking about is why you waited as long as you did to do it. Naturally everyone on here will demand you supply pictures. We are funny about that so you will be required to oblige. Don't let us down. Now you get to suffer through the wait but it will be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the finished product and congratulations.

Thank you for your reply. It is nice to have someone out there to validate a decision publicly posted for all to comment on negatively or positively.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back