Dealer Charge For Lug Nut Torque?

Torque Wrench was one of the first tools I bought. I agree with Fuzzy. I had my clutch recall done this winter. I picked up the Trike and rode it home and found coolant blowing all over the right lower, the brake pedal and the footboard. I discovered that they had not replaced the coolant fill cap after the service. I had a hell of a time getting that all cleaned up.

My lesson learned: Check absolutely everything in the parking lot before leaving the dealership. I also service my own Trike, but this was a warranty recall. And... I have a 7 year warranty so chances are that the Trike might be back at the dealership at some time or another.

Those kind of experiences don't exactly inspire confidence and cause us to be eager to hand over our trikes or bikes for servicing. I'm a bit envious of those with good service and more dealer choices available.

The way i read/see it........Re-Torquing is part of the installation......That should be SOP' And not be a separate charge...:Shrug:..

That is correct. In the event a repair necessitates torquing to complete the job, it is part of the repair. No additional charge is forthcoming. Holds true whether a car, truck, bike etc.

So I didn't press this issue, but what do you think? I actually thought that task would be part of the hourly rate?

I checked the Trike Supplement again when I got home, and there's definitely nothing there addressing dealer torque charges. Did notice it includes a Separate Note for retorquing after 500-1000 miles.[/QUOTE]

Are you complaining that you didnt get charged or are you worried that it wasnt done and your wheels will fall off? No the supplement dosnt list flat rate/ hourly, at least mine dont. Get you a 1/2" drive torque wrench and recheck yourself. Harbor Freight got em for around $10 bucks with coupon.

Had my 1/2" drive torque wrench & 19mm deep socket wrapped in the towel in the trunk. So pulled into a nearby parking lot and ReChecked before hitting the road.

Wasn't completely sure, but Felt it wasn't worth the effort to challenge someone willing to make statements like that so loosely. I'll bring it up to the actual Service Manager when I see him during another visit. If questioned, pretty sure her response will be, I don't recall saying that, he must have confused that with another discussion.

Since I do some of my maintenance and most upkeep on both cars, my truck and the 01 Dyna T-Sport, I have 3/8" and 1/2" drive torque wrenches and a couple in pound ones. Just wasn't uncomfortable with flushing the brakes,. Oh! Total time on the order was listed as 1 1/2 hours.

To my knowledge all Rushmore Models have Linked Brakes. Certain Rushmore Models had OE Linked Brakes and ABS and for some others ABS was available as a factory-installed option.

Just seems professionalism in the workplace seems to be a dying or dwindling art.:(

So I didn't press this issue, but what do you think? I actually thought that task would be part of the hourly rate?

I checked the Trike Supplement again when I got home, and there's definitely nothing there addressing dealer torque charges. Did notice it includes a Separate Note for retorquing after 500-1000 miles.

Are you complaining that you didnt get charged or are you worried that it wasnt done and your wheels will fall off? No the supplement dosnt list flat rate/ hourly, at least mine dont. Get you a 1/2" drive torque wrench and recheck yourself. Harbor Freight got em for around $10 bucks with coupon.

All questions but one were addressed in earlier posts. So as for complaining? I'd like to think of it as we all share our personal experiences, as well as our concerns related to all things associated with trike/bike ownership. Generally, there's something worthwhile in what's being communicated, if nothing more than, "There but for the grace of God go I"

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back