Crazy insurance refund!!!

cScjhb

2500+ Posts
Gold Member
May 6, 2020
Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
I changed companies for my homeowners insurance a few months ago. I still have other policies with the old HO insurance company. Yesterday I got a "refund" check in the mail from my old policy. Along with the check was a note thanking me for being a valued customer. The refund check is for $00.01! ONE CENT, ONE PENNY! The check is a standard company check with at least 4 different security features. My dilemma now is what to do with the check. I'm sure not going to rush to the bank to deposit it. Wonder why they didn't just keep the penny or even credit it towards one of my other policies? What a waste. This is crazy!!!!!

I changed companies for my homeowners insurance a few months ago. I still have other policies with the old HO insurance company. Yesterday I got a "refund" check in the mail from my old policy. Along with the check was a note thanking me for being a valued customer. The refund check is for $00.01! ONE CENT, ONE PENNY! The check is a standard company check with at least 4 different security features. My dilemma now is what to do with the check. I'm sure not going to rush to the bank to deposit it. Wonder why they didn't just keep the penny or even credit it towards one of my other policies? What a waste. This is crazy!!!!!

Sell it on E Bay for ten bucksā€¦šŸ˜..

Sounds like the stupid letter I got from the office for 3 cents. Now that the facility is a 'For Profit' they gave us notices about the interest on our security deposit and to deduct it from our rent payment in February. Oh Boy! a whopping 3 cents, I guess I'll spend it all in the same place. :clapping:

Hey, I understand.

Most companies had guidelines in place to not issue a check for less than $1. The same usually applies to a bill amount of less than $1.

Now, while your post is funny, mine is a little different. I once got a statement that said my balance was $0.00. So, I simply ignored it (who wouldn't). The next month, I got another statement - and since I had decided to no longer use the card, I was not concerned. BT, this time, the statement said Balance due $0.00 - PAST DUE.

Hey, made no sense to me - but I assumed they still had the account active. Now, the following month, when the statement arrived, it was clear that something was wrong because it included a separate not to the fact that, if not paid, my account might be referred for collections.

Hey, I have great credit and didn't want to risk this - so, I wrote a check to them in the amount of Zero dollars and 0/100. Didn't officially sign it - just sort of printed that line.

Next bill - PAID In FULL. - made my day

Didn't officially sign it - just sort of printed that linee.

Around 30 years ago I got a bill from Cincinnati Gas and Electric and sent them a check for the amount due but signed it 'Mickey Mouse'. Apparently the billing agency doesn't care how you sign the check, just that it's signed.

Didn't officially sign it - just sort of printed that linee.

Around 30 years ago I got a bill from Cincinnati Gas and Electric and sent them a check for the amount due but signed it 'Mickey Mouse'. Apparently the billing agency doesn't care how you sign the check, just that it's signed.

Processing the millions of checks is done electronically and verifying the signature is NOT part of routing processing for personal checks.

You should have forwarded it to the IRS:laugh:

Processing the millions of checks is done electronically and verifying the signature is NOT part of routing processing for personal checks.

A former employer once got my child support check and my pay check envelopes switched.The state cashed my pay check.Thats when I became fully aware of that fact.The boss called them to see what to do they told her she wouldn't need to worry about sending it in till the amounts equalled out.She cut me another check that day.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back