COOLANT on Your Tri Glide ????

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
I advise EVERYONE with a TRI GLIDE to check your coolant levels.

It's on the right side lower. Just take a small screw driver and pry one end off then the other starting from the top.

I checked mine last night when Randy came over after he had to replace a coolant pump and some hoses on his 14 already :(.

EASY enough to do but you might want the piece of mind before it ends up costing you BIG $$$.

Rick

I lost my pump in Ottawa Ontario last summer at the HOG rally. Neither dealer had one. Dealer said it wasn't a problem as long as I stayed away from congestion. Took bus/cab next two days. Headed home on Sunday and tried all dealers on the way. Finally found American Harley in Tonawanda, NY. (340 miles) that had one. they put it on and I went the rest of the way to Chicago with no problems. Dealer said "It's a Harley - it's basically an air cooled engine. Just don't get caught up in traffic for too long."

YUP. That's I heard from about a dozen riders already.

The trouble is IF you DON"T have the extended warranty it's going to cost you close to $800.00 to have them do it if you pump goes out .

Water pump $125

Coolant pump $461

Thermostat $80.

Then the labor price also. :mad:

YUP. That's I heard from about a dozen riders already.

The trouble is IF you DON"T have the extended warranty it's going to cost you close to $800.00 to have them do it if you pump goes out .

Water pump $125

Coolant pump $461

Thermostat $80.

Then the labor price also. :mad:

Gives you something to think about , Thats for sure...:(

I advise EVERYONE with a TRI GLIDE to check your coolant levels.

It's on the right side lower. Just take a small screw driver and pry one end off then the other starting from the top.

I checked mine last night when Randy came over after he had to replace a coolant pump and some hoses on his 14 already :(.

EASY enough to do but you might want the piece of mind before it ends up costing you BIG $$$.

Rick

Good info concerning the Coolant Level Check. Also check Your hoses. Mine was leaking from the the hose under the Pressure Cap. Changed the Hose Myself and coolant. Not an easy task but thanks to the info here and u tube made it easier than paying 300.00 plus. Check everything. Little simple checks will save a lot of Money. Dealership will charge a arm and leg .

Not to take away from the OP's good advice, but I personally don't worry about it (2022 Tri Glide).

I have a Dynojet Powervision on the trike, and it is set to constantly show the various sensor temperatures, with color triggers set to show red if any temperature goes higher than I like.

I have also done a tank life, front and rear. That adds to cooling. Plus I have the cooling deflector wings. I also have the HD Coolflow fan, and also the Jim's Forceflow fan. Also stage 1 so that it breathes better, including an external breather. All of those mods result in a coolor-than-normal engine. If the temperature even went back up to "normal", I think I would notice-- especially since the Powervision would then be showing red.

So I just watch the gauges, and ride.

Nevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back