Coolant leak

Jul 18, 2009
Beantown Ohio
I have a small coolant leak on the top of my engine. (1990 goldwing SE 1500). What is the best way to get to the hoses on the top of the engine? Remove gas tank? Remove carburetors? Or remove radiators?

Before even thinking about removing any if the three items you mentioned on a 1500 GoldWing,you will need to have a repair manual available.One can be downloaded on-line or borrow one.
Sometimes the hose clamps can just be tightened and stop a small leak but getting to them is the trick.First you need to isolate where the leak is comming from.
Hope this helps.

I do have a shop manual but nothing in it specifies what to remove to get to the hoses. I have removed all I could of the fairing and side plates and I can see the hoses but can not get to them. Not even sure what is leaking. Coolant lays on top of the engine tho and burns off as I ride it. When sitting, it puddles under the trike. Very slow leak. I just dont want to be on a trip somewhere and whatever is leaking lets go or gets worse. Too much of a nice ride to overheat the engine and seize it up.

mrzip
you might start by looking at the grommet in the overflow tank and the hose going to it.
Kinda a common leak on 1500.Also check the overflow tank hose for cracks and moisture.
It's a place to start anyway.
Sonny

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back