Considering New Ride

Jun 18, 2015
West Michigan
Hi all - currently ride a Yamaha RSV with a Voyager trike kit and considering purchasing a 2014 HD TriGlide with 7200 miles on it. Any tips on things to look for or problems with this model I should be aware of ? Having ridden my kitted RSV for a couple years, I am sure the HD will ride better but the Yamaha has been a very comfortable on long trips so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks......

Hi all - currently ride a Yamaha RSV with a Voyager trike kit and considering purchasing a 2014 HD TriGlide with 7200 miles on it. Any tips on things to look for or problems with this model I should be aware of ? Having ridden my kitted RSV for a couple years, I am sure the HD will ride better but the Yamaha has been a very comfortable on long trips so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks......

Make sure the reverse work's.. And try it out a few times.....[The reverse motor alone runs 1300$ +]
Other than that i can't think of any thing else...

Thanks for the comment rhino, appreciate the tip. A little disappointed that with 148 views of this thread, I only got one comment. :xzqxz: Not sure why, thought this was a Tri Glide specific forum. At any rate, found what I needed to know on other forums and pulled the trigger last Saturday on a new to me 2014 Tri Glide. Looking forward to putting many miles on this baby and certainly LOVE it so far...... ThumbUp Pic below:

2014 HD Tri Glide.jpg

I had no other ride to compare to so I didn't respond. Now that you have it, enjoy. My wife and I are having as much of a good time as work allows. Comfort? Added a backrest and highway pegs and I was happy. Then added a lift kit. Didn't notice much comfort difference, but the steering is much more sensitive and responsive. I don't drag my tailpipes any more and it looks much better.

One downer that I have found is that I seem to have to stop a lot for gas. The miles just seem to fly by. Just about when I get in the groove of riding, I'm getting low on gas.

:D

Been away on a trip, but that's a nice looking TG you have there, we had a 14 TG, no issues, put about 9000 miles on it without any major problems....enjoy and ride safe.

Sorry MIRIDER, I don't know if I missed the thread or what, but congratulations on the trike. I have a 14, and the same color. I bought it as the 15s were being put on the floor. I sure do love it. I have done a few mods other than the pretty stuff. Stage 1, decatted header, DK comfort lift, oil filter relocation and oil cooler, gas tank deluxe lift, floorboard extenders, air deflectors, LRS 10" flat top windshield. I know you will enjoy the trike. Jim

Sorry you didn't get the response that you were looking for. I ride a 13 pre Rushmore. Most, probably just thought the same thing if they didn't have a 14. Ride safe and enjoy.

Few miles

with only a few miles the previous owner did not ride much it should be like new ask for a service record if possible. Maybe ask if you could have a evaluation done at a dealer? All things said take it for a good ride and see how it feel and runs. good luck we love our 09. Hopefully welcome to our world never forget it is a Harley a personality all there own. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Sorry about not posting a comment but I don't have anything that I can add. I'm like a lot of others here, I try to see what being posted and if I can help I will put my two cents in.

NICE Choice in Scooter's Dave. I have 14 HD Trike also and loving it out here. I grew up in the Ann Arbor area . Where about are you located now. We finally moved out here to Arizona to get away from all that White stuff and the Mosquito's. We have two season's out here Summer and fall & It's fantastic. You guys look happy on your New Trike Enjoy it to the fullest. Rick

NICE Choice in Scooter's Dave. I have 14 HD Trike also and loving it out here. I grew up in the Ann Arbor area . Where about are you located now. We finally moved out here to Arizona to get away from all that White stuff and the Mosquito's. We have two season's out here Summer and fall & It's fantastic. You guys look happy on your New Trike Enjoy it to the fullest. Rick

Thanks Rick.....We are in the Grand Rapids area (Rockford) and have lived in Michigan all our life. Used to winter in Arizona with a motorhome for many years and actually bought property down near Douglas but haven't been down there recently. I hear ya on getting out of the white stuff, we rent a condo in Gulf Shores now. Enjoy.

:cool:ThumbUp

Arizona

Hi Rick, we are snowbirds in Tucson for 7 months a year, nice to be able to ride comfortably year round. 2016 Triglide and so far so good.

Remove pinch bolts on shift linkage and add lock washers or blue loctite.
Add rubber sleeve on #1 spark plug wire to prevent rubbing on bottom tank edge.
Add extended lower shock brackets "lift kit" to give more muffler clearance and get easier steering effort.
I de-catted my header pipe to greatly lessen the right side heat. I use Nightrider FL-Vied-10s to richen up the mixture.
My oil recommendation is Syn3 in motor, Formula+ in Primary, Bel-Ray 85W-140 in tranny (any real gear oil made for H-D transmissions will make a big difference in shifting and finding neutral).

Great choice ..... my 2014 "Roxy" has 24K+ miles on her.

Enjoy your new ride!

Bob :D

2016 09-07_new look-resized.jpg

Hi neighbor!

Sorry I didn't post sooner but I've been too busy having fun. Is your Tri parked out in front of Platinum Powersports on 14 mile?.... Nice trike!

My wife and I are fellow Rockford residents. I purchased my Blackened Cayenne '14 TG new and have been loving it ever since. No problems with it and only one minor recall which Hot Rods HD took care of quickly. 14,000 miles so far and loving it.

If you're a member of the Sparta Moose lodge check our Moose Riders Group. We love riding and do a lot of social and local charity events. see moose on bikes lodge #50 sparta, mi on Facebook

Ride Safe,
Dick PreFontaineSPARTA MOB BENEFIT FOR KIDS BURN CAMP.jpg

Is your Tri parked out in front of Platinum Powersports on 14 mile?.... Nice trike!

Thanks Dick, you have a good eye - that is Platinum in the pic. Second bike I've purchased from that dealership and they are A-1 in my book. ThumbUp

We moved to condo life in the Rockford area two years ago, had lived near Ada for the past 40 years. Not a Moose member but maybe we can partake in a charity ride sometime?

Reverse Motor

Yes, a replacement is 1300 bucks. I checked with a local electric shop, though, and they told me they would rebuild one for fifty to sixty bucks, so don't let that be the deciding factor. I think you will truly enjoy the Tri-Glide. I don't mean to be a snob, but HD's just "feel" more solid that Yamahas. And yes, I've owned several models of several bikes, this is my first Harley (and likely my last bike.)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back