Code P2135h

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2021
Millville NJ USA
My '21 Freewheelers check engine light came on today on my way to lunch. Turned around ( :mad: ) and found code P2 135h. Something to do with my throttle sensor. Did NOT clear the code. Restarted the trike and went to lunch. No check engine light reappeared. After I got back home I went in to clear that code, but it indicated there were no codes. Was this a phantom code that disappeared miraculously?

Possible, have you recently washed your trike or rode in heavy rain?

If the code comes back, unplug and clean the wire connector pins @ the throttle actuator

The code can be an interruption of voltage at that connection

Of note the H at the end is a Historic code

They can after 40 start cycles clear themselves

It also means that the code was setting prior, the ECM saw something it did not like over a period of time

That code was lurking in the background for a time, the voltage signal was out of parameters, but is no longer

If it comes back on a deeper dive into diagnostics will be needed, for now I would for sure unplug the connector, clean the pins on both the male and female pins and apply a little dielectric grease and ride it

I had that code on my 15 Freewheeler coming back to FL from Mn

I was riding on the tail of a tropical storm on I 75, the rain was torrential

At 1 time the engine sputtered right before the CEL light came on

When I stopped in Lake City Fl I knew right away what the problem was

I always carry some cleaner and dilectric grease, so I did the clean and relube

Never skipped a beat after

Possible, have you recently washed your trike or rode in heavy rain? If the code comes back, unplug and clean the wire connector pins @ the throttle actuator The code can be an interruption of voltage at that connection

Closest she's ever been to being in the rain was road spray and light drizzle coming back from FL. Hmmm, can I blame you? :D

I saw by your second reply that the H means it's an Historic code. I've never experienced any riding problems such as you described so I have no idea why it would have reported that, but then I did get a check engine light before my 10,000 miles service that indicated a Lost Comm with ABS. Cleared that and it's never come back. The service dept checked for it, but found nothing wrong and charge me $120 labor because it wasn't a warranty issue. I think I'll just keep an eye on it for a while. Thanks for the tip.

Are these the connectors your referring to?

View attachment 110299

No, the ones @ the Throttle body there should be a plug in, similar to this

472277d1463369202-throttle-by-wire-problems-img_1286.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back