CL woes--nobody there knows what a Stallion is {sigh}

May 3, 2017
Livonia, MI, USA
May I vent a bit? We are thinking of selling our 08 Stallion, pending any advice gleaned from this year's Americade. We did a test listing on Craigslist and it was flagged and removed after three days. We had some serious interest, but now with the posting removed, the prospect may have gotten cold feet. For those not familiar w/CL, they have drop-down boxes that need to be filled out before the post will be accepted by the automatic system. Well, there is no TMS option under mfr., you can only go up to 2294 cc's, and of course, no "Stallion" option, either. Bottom line, I have to re-create the ad posting, fiddle with the photos again, and hope that this time it sticks. Whattapain! The moderators who were trying to "help" had no idea what one was, even with the photos, one told me that a 2.3L engine does NOT equate to 2300 cc's (yes, I quibbled over 6cc's--my bad), and so on. I'll re-post it later when I'm in a better mood, maybe.

Thanks for letting me vent.

WD

Proably think its a šŸ“?

When ever i sell on CL I request the prospective inquiry to leave there phone number as no e- mails will be answered. That way it doesnt waste your time on šŸ¤”

And that site breeds them !

May I vent a bit? We are thinking of selling our 08 Stallion, pending any advice gleaned from this year's Americade. We did a test listing on Craigslist and it was flagged and removed after three days. We had some serious interest, but now with the posting removed, the prospect may have gotten cold feet. For those not familiar w/CL, they have drop-down boxes that need to be filled out before the post will be accepted by the automatic system. Well, there is no TMS option under mfr., you can only go up to 2294 cc's, and of course, no "Stallion" option, either. Bottom line, I have to re-create the ad posting, fiddle with the photos again, and hope that this time it sticks. Whattapain! The moderators who were trying to "help" had no idea what one was, even with the photos, one told me that a 2.3L engine does NOT equate to 2300 cc's (yes, I quibbled over 6cc's--my bad), and so on. I'll re-post it later when I'm in a better mood, maybe.

Thanks for letting me vent.

WD
i hear Ya. , i would love to ride mine more 08 with 7K miles on it ,but it will never be sold used only for Shriner's events and Veterans Events

I listed my Stallion on Craigslist before selling it. I didn't have any problems listing it and had several calls from the listing. The worst thing was the calls wanting to sale it for me. I sold my Stallion here on Trike Talk :D. Just another good reason to like this forum.

Still loving it Ed .. Front grinding noise when you hit the brakes is front wheel bearings

according R&R Trikes in Jasper GA who used to be a dealer ... AC still holding cold

unless you shower down on the git go, then it goes hot and a one hour shutdown is

required to get it cold again .... Debbie loves it ... She has been caught getting on it

and taking off and not coming back for hours .. hehehehe .. Loves the AC and that was

main goal ... Accomplished ... Thanks man .. Still trying to sell the 08 GW Roadsmith

so if you hear anyone send them to the WTB section here ... It is listed

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back