Chrome Switch Cap Kit

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
So Harley makes this nice 10 piece Chrome Switch Cap Kit for the Freewheeler. I think they would be a classy addition to my Black Switch Housings and Black Kuryakyn ISO Grips. They are also very reasonably priced. Anyone put these on their ride? The instructions get a little more involved than I would have thought. They want you to remove the seat, pull the main fuse, remove the housings and there are some other screw & clip stuff they talk about. I'm usually pretty good with installs (often times getting pointers from you guys) but I don't do anything wire or electric related. I'm wondering how much Harley would charge to swap these out. Can't really be substantial ... ya think?

Thanks so much :)

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 3.00.37 PM.png

So Harley makes this nice 10 piece Chrome Switch Cap Kit for the Freewheeler. I think they would be a classy addition to my Black Switch Housings and Black Kuryakyn ISO Grips. They are also very reasonably priced. Anyone put these on their ride? The instructions get a little more involved than I would have thought. They want you to remove the seat, pull the main fuse, remove the housings and there are some other screw & clip stuff they talk about. I'm usually pretty good with installs (often times getting pointers from you guys) but I don't do anything wire or electric related. I'm wondering how much Harley would charge to swap these out. Can't really be substantial ... ya think?

Thanks so much :)

View attachment 111819

Most dealers start out at about 150$ an hour…So think of that as the minimum?

I am more of a function guy, I would opt for the lighted chrome covers that Bob referred to

I always pull the main fuse or disconnect the battery during any kind of electrical project

I have seen the bad JUJU up close and personal from guys that do not

On 3rd thought ... I think I'm settled. Didn't love the switch caps, didn't love the extensions (more appropriate on my Katana) but wanting to bring a taste of chrome to the ends of my Black ISO Grips. I think I've got it down this time. :confused: Just the right amount of "bling" without overpowering the eye. Chrome Trim Ring w/ Flush Chrome End Cap. Way to go. Final answer!

Imports - 1 of 3.jpeg Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg Imports - 3 of 3.jpeg

I put them on my wife's FW.

1655414311928.jpg

IMG-20220616-140643-01.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back