Checking Oil on HD Trike

Jul 3, 2020
Hickory
I have a 2014 HD Ultra with a recent Motor Trike conversion. I added a digital oil dipstick a couple years before I had the conversion done. The instructions say to check the oil level with the bike on side stand, which obviously can't be done with a trike.

How have any of you overcome the "side stand" position when checking the oil, even with the standard oil dipstick?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2014 HD Ultra with a recent Motor Trike conversion. I added a digital oil dipstick a couple years before I had the conversion done. The instructions say to check the oil level with the bike on side stand, which obviously can't be done with a trike.

How have any of you overcome the "side stand" position when checking the oil, even with the standard oil dipstick?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The stock dip-stick on the Tri-Glide has two readings...1] Hot on Jiffy stand ; 2] Hot on level surface ....Don't know about the digital....

If you want to be totally accurate ... you need to purchase the digital for the trike.

I was in the same boat. I put the oem dip stick in using the "on level surface" reading and compared it to the digital. I forget weather it was a bar low or actually full ... that was on my 15 ... on my 14 I used the trike one.

The reason I can't remember, I just put the right amount of fluid in and got a reading, then, used it to see if it changed. If it don't change, you're good. I mainly use the digital for temp.

$150 dipstick !!!! WOW. Just put correct amount in ( or,some say 1/2 quart less) & check the stick ,Then you will know where it should be when checked later. not that hard. You can also buy a thermal gun to check temps a whole cheaper than 150 .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back