Changing the front wheel

Besides needing a new tire very badly on the Roadhawk I just got, the front spoke wheel was pretty scrungy as well, rusting spokes, cad coming off, etc.

I had a fabulous 19" mag wheel off another bike with an absolutely brand new Dunlop on it.

What I thought would be a simple swap turned into a two day ordeal. One of the brake pads and clip came out, and I couldn't figure it out to save my life. Secondly, the wheel spacers weren't right, and lastly, the caliper brace hit the springer.

I finally drove 50 miles to my buddies shop who took the caliper, snapped in the clip, put new brake pads on, and was done in literally 2 minutes. He tossed me the finished caliper and smiled.

I took the caliper home, put it on, flipped the brace, and swiched one spacer. Voila, a perfect fit.

It took me all of 5 minutes to put on the caliper, space the hub and run and torque the axle. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

2 bb

Ahhhhhh..... but you have such a beautiful wheel now! (Buddies are good to have around ;))

Besides needing a new tire very badly on the Roadhawk I just got, the front spoke wheel was pretty scrungy as well, rusting spokes, cad coming off, etc.

I had a fabulous 19" mag wheel off another bike with an absolutely brand new Dunlop on it.

What I thought would be a simple swap turned into a two day ordeal. One of the brake pads and clip came out, and I couldn't figure it out to save my life. Secondly, the wheel spacers weren't right, and lastly, the caliper brace hit the springer.

I finally drove 50 miles to my buddies shop who took the caliper, snapped in the clip, put new brake pads on, and was done in literally 2 minutes. He tossed me the finished caliper and smiled.

I took the caliper home, put it on, flipped the brace, and swiched one spacer. Voila, a perfect fit.

It took me all of 5 minutes to put on the caliper, space the hub and run and torque the axle. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

2 bb

I have that problem at times. Besides not being able to see the forest because of the trees, I am "OLD".:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back