Can I hack HD Ride Planner

David792

150+ Posts
Mar 6, 2019
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I've been trying to plan some summertime rides using HD Ride Planner. The problem is: Like Google Maps, the program will not let me plan routes through seasonally closed roads. I'm planning a ride from Idaho Falls to Crazy Creek CG and onto Beartooth Pass. I want to pass through Yellowstone and out the east gate. Ride Planner changes my route and sends me way up north Through Bozeman.

Even rides that I had previously saved "helpfully" get re-routed during winter months and will not revert to the original route until the roads are open again.

I have tried to change my computer date/time to "trick" Ride Planner, but it will not even let me access the site unless my date/time is correct. I know there are other programs out there like Rever and Basecamp, but... has anyone else dealt with this problem?

I'm fed up with HD Ride planner. I spent hours going over and over a planned trip adding way points at any and all points I want to make sure it took. Every time I sent it to the bike, the route changes. Sometime between 2 waypoints it goes off on a side trip then back. I find Google maps stays on target when sent. Never had a problem with my Zumo. Plus the GTS is so damn slow loading a route you just closed!

I'm fed up with HD Ride planner. I spent hours going over and over a planned trip adding way points at any and all points I want to make sure it took. Every time I sent it to the bike, the route changes. Sometime between 2 waypoints it goes off on a side trip then back. I find Google maps stays on target when sent. Never had a problem with my Zumo. Plus the GTS is so damn slow loading a route you just closed!

Don't you have the new GTS head unit? With that I have found that RP is great. I plan my route, save it and then use the app to send it to my bike.

All of my waypoints have stayed just fine.

Yup, the GTS. For some reason it just doesn't follow the waypoints all the time.

FXJJT3LYizsjTLAd16tQrvY24S93wqoANtS4rrvsxrCzSA_is1SIIP8hOOOfOY6b7CyF8ihWZ5T5c98pjmINcjLDmfh3DoSaRRr9WWKQJzLgeuhqeNaM88gmSwHrhrxiU3XPbRpBu-K3x2FckFPSJZoTV_LRlYCRIrL-yNxTA35XjHrKuGd22jUjos--qhtNuK_WCJpJOlju5Ye3MLOk1VeVL4cKehMhUkn9bDmG82o1lNgFRRVLhc7LMoE-d_wcN30VTnwBJMq9BXbATRFDXiakwGP3jPiaJ74ZoZCIY-EjO-ZrL3hyqueJ4a5NheDEF_ju2x932BycGBeCXmjDKwx_JaaClt7J_ZlgFBYK0X3h9XzScRQzYNAgdsgeluYcD5LDZp0AiOZL3NdTh4AdUe3lDVrNwJHHz4jKYB5cIMbYfQBJ0JJ4aOdLUOgIYFz-3vct5vxjGd7Pde7aSvgyX2folp0bgw1H1yKEXSN821A85qDEvrnTzYjcf3S4r56a82e6uyaUYCs-eJmZnCiiUVSg4fMiXTcZGAWLXdH35AM9FgdxSQgTcMSgHFvrDLVKpM22t9HO2i7dkUJEmW6MVFbuT78EBAuCLph0vNqTpD7csWfoEa1e6c9sQyHhWDbWqImAqE9jI2OaXKORQ_hctSKX2veiy3cwWcTvE0h3C8_3wBoFljY-Hg0t2P48RRyrc6l03NUZHjQ9v2fa9vnenZALqu29mYLyihZSPtGHH-lBTLUcj7rxyx68jq7ZzwJ1a4FcMblaG76TMlSyl57FXXjUqrt90WdFB-Gc4R4Do0GYaehaDUShIoYhgW-ZaP2b1HR3oegI7SuTg73yuuc8p2uCXvMm4Bl4QReXX91OZaBYuaD0aefv-1godmwNWlNNC7kG_qoOIt-pHCVin1Tq21PLsmNty0ba8l8b3UqQp1xRHndImVgRrxPa0nKS0PvT7s2XI6T4fir9f_auYCBqbPM=s903-no

Sometimes it does crap like this.

Use Base camp from Garmin gave up on ride planner not user friendly.

That said if you are using ride planner don't put a waypoint near a side road keep it between them and it will follow your planned route better and don't put them too far apart or it will take you off route.

Use Base camp from Garmin gave up on ride planner not user friendly.

That said if you are using ride planner don't put a waypoint near a side road keep it between them and it will follow your planned route better and don't put them too far apart or it will take you off route.

Agreed. I have basecamp and I can use it. Leftover from my BMW days. Works well cuz it can be used "offline"

Agreed. I have basecamp and I can use it. Leftover from my BMW days. Works well cuz it can be used "offline"

That can be a huge advantage. I carry a laptop on extended road trips and oftentimes change plans and modify pre-planned routes . . . and sometimes no reliable internet is available. So Ride Planner, Google Maps, Tyre, etc., just are not for me. I have the Harley GTS infotainment system with GPS but use my Garmin XT almost all the time. It is way better in my experience.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back