C.B. Antenna connector

Have no idea which connector it has but here is a picture of it. Don't know if that helps or not?

Attachments

• CB installed.jpg
    CB installed.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 183
This is a picture of a 14 did not see yours was a 12 until after it was posted, can't figure out how to delete it. Sorry it is of no help.:gah:

This is a picture of a 14 did not see yours was a 12 until after it was posted, can't figure out how to delete it. Sorry it is of no help.:gah:

That is the same CB unit as mine on the '12, but it is mounted to the side of the radio. Mine is sitting on the top of the radio. Same wiring & coax connector.
I think it is a TNC connector. But my stealer gives me kind of a blank stare....................

It appears to be a PL-259. Just guessing.

Exactly what I thought!
Never even know what the other 2 mentioned were, until I googled them. I've never seen either one of them used for a OEM CB install????

For the OP, curious minds wonder why you need the info you are asking about?

If I was more highly motivated, I'd go out and take a pic of the cable and adapters I had to buy for the SWR meter I use to check VSWR on my Harley. I know the PL-259 is the typical connector used on most OEM CB installs, however, Harley isn't typical. It's a TNC.

If I was more highly motivated, I'd go out and take a pic of the cable and adapters I had to buy for the SWR meter I use to check VSWR on my Harley. I know the PL-259 is the typical connector used on most OEM CB installs, however, Harley isn't typical. It's a TNC.

I thought it was the TNC. You are correct about Harley not being standard ! I need to find some adapters to go from THC female to a PL259 male, & also from a TNC male to a PL259 male. Fittings or cables, so I can do the SWR.
Thanks!

Easy peasy...Radio Shack actually carries them in stock at most stores. You need an PL-259-F to TNC-M, IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, glad I went out and checked, you need 2 adapters, one for the end of the cable, PL-259-F to TNC-M and a PL-259-M to TNC-F to plug into the meter.

Easy peasy...Radio Shack actually carries them in stock at most stores. You need an PL-259-F to TNC-M, IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, glad I went out and checked, you need 2 adapters, one for the end of the cable, PL-259-F to TNC-M and a PL-259-M to TNC-F to plug into the meter.

YEP ! I guess that PL259 would be a little large for that narrow case. Surprised they didn't go to Mini UHF.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back