Blended Gasoline

Our trip from coast to coast 2 years ago produced the worst gas mileage in our home state of Sunny Florida. About 6-8 months ago the was a secret gas sample in Orlando and the figures were schocking. Out of 25 gas stations the lables stated "up to 10% ethanol added" but, 23 of the 25 ALL ranged from 15-25% and we wonder why our vehicle get poor mileage and ping !!!!

Tomg

try toluene. its a solvent used in gas to raise the octane, do a internet search "www.elektro.com" . and others, use about 2oz to a tank full. ace and other hardwares & paint stores sell a qt. for about 8.00 bucks. it works well with prem. use with anything you put gas in . a chemist told me about it years ago. helps to pass emission tests also. don`t take my word do the research.

thanks ozarkryder, i ride from ind. to rolla frequently and only use 93 in the trike, but
was unaware of this law. now can you do something about that helmet law? guess you'll have to replace the gov. before the helmet law can be signed into law. i use a helmet in STL , & I70 is like a race track between rolla & STL, so a helmet is a good thing.

thanks ozarkryder. didn't know about the law!! now can you get the Gov replaced so we can get the helmet law scrared? i do wear a helmet in STL . & I 44 is a race trcck to rolla. guess I 70 is too.

Gorilla, If you're talking about 10% ethanol, thanks, but I'll save my money - until any of my engines start showing any problems.
I imagine 93 with or without will also run great.

So far I see no reason to run anything other then 89.

BLKHRT, a friend of mine told me about this years ago. Never tried it though. Then last year I read someplace - can't remember if it was a car/bike magazine article or newspaper automobile article(I read so many magazines), but it said another myth is to use toluene. Since I am not having any problems, I think I'll pass on that. Thanks

Back in the 60's people said to drop a few mothballs in your tank and you'll get great performance - I didn't try that one either.
Wouldn't car mfg's put a box of mothballs in you trunk when you bought a car if that was true.:D

Eagle1, tomorrow morning we're headed down there to ride what one one of our HOG chapter members calls "The Snakey 19 Ride" Each year we stay in St James and ride route 19 down to the Ark. border(the road is like a huge roller coaster. I want to see what it's like getting air time on a trike. :D
Then do some rafting.
We are going to Rolla for dinner at "Randys Road Kill Diner" and then some desert at "A Slice of Pie".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back