Belly pan

Our '97 has survived so far sans a belly pan, but once a piece of shale lying in roadway in a dark shadow (I was leading group, bright exceptionally clear day, harsh shadows) was clipped by the front tire enough to cut the tire (not through cord, but raised a bruise on tire on left side) and stand the shale up edgewise (I guess) and it got caught by the lower front cowl, it wrecked lower cowl and wrinkled the left side lower exhaust cover, missed the shifter though … could have been worse.

2 Picture of damage at overlook crop 800 w.jpg

Those 3/16 rivets are where I had added reinforcement years earlier to back side of cowl at mount points as there was a crack in that area on other side. I have a nice piece of 1/4" aluminum, saving it to make a belly pan one day. As it was, was able to finish ride and found replacement parts that night from a salvage yard in Fla. Paint even matched. A pan maybe wouldn't prevent this, but it might prevent a hole under transmission.

Best plan … don't hit stuff.

Friend was loading his trike on trailer and caught trailer frame with his trike's transmission & cracked it …. oil leaked … his insurance co paid for repairs (replaced his engine & trans from salvage I think).

Well, I put my Wingstuff black powdercoated belly pan on my 2007 Gl1800 Champion Trike today. Piece of Cake! It took maybe 30 minutes and I am a total clutz when it comes to mechanic work. So if you are wondering how hard it is to put on......EASY, so easy even An Old Man can do it. :D:D:clapping:

There is no problem removing the front portion to change the oil and filter or the coolant. The CSC ground effects come off very easily. There are 6 nuts on the bottom of the boards and 1 electrical connector. Removal hint.. remove the 2 center nuts on both sides and swing down the support bar for easier removal.

I have the belly pan on my Roadsmith w/o any problems, and changing oil/filter is easy..I just have to jack up my bike first and place four inches of boards under all three tires.. This makes it high enough off the ground to work underneath...........

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back