Batwing for FLRT?

Gone2Three

I have a knife addiction..
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2016
Pflugerville, Tx
Hello, I'm new to the forum but have been an avid reader of the posts here. Lot's of good stuff! My question is if Harley has an FL touring like batwing windshield that can be retro fitted to the Freewheeler? Currently have the clear add on windshield, I came across an FLXXX trike that I liked the look of...love my 2015 FLRT but would enjoy the added enjoyment of a radio setup. Thanks!

Welcome to TT!

No, Harley doesn't make a Batwing fairing for the FLRT. But there are others that do such as Hoppe and Quadzilla.

Hi,Randall. Do a google search on "Harley Batwing Fairings" and you will find a bunch of manufacturers out there. Just find the one that suits your budget and option list. I built a custom bagger out of my 2001 Road King,back in 2005,and installed a Dragonfly batwing fairing on it. Had one of my local audio shops install a decent sound system. Memphis Slims offers a batwing fairing w/smooth backside that is probably the most inexpensive unit available. Dragonfly and Hoppe are probably at the high end,now.
Here's a few pics of my RK:

bike01.jpg

bike04.jpg

bike02.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,Randall. Do a google search on "Harley Batwing Fairings" and you will find a bunch of manufacturers out there. Just find the one that suits your budget and option list. I built a custom bagger out of my 2001 Road King,back in 2005,and installed a Dragonfly batwing fairing on it. Had one of my local audio shops install a decent sound system. Memphis Slims offers a batwing fairing w/smooth backside that is probably the most inexpensive unit available. Dragonfly and Hoppe are probably at the high end,now.
Here's a few pics of my RK:

bike01.jpg

bike04.jpg

bike02.jpg

Hello and Thanks!...Man that's a great looking Road king! Exactly the setup I was looking for, will do some additional research before diving in. Just up graded my exhaust this last week with Rinehart slip on's so gotta save up for this next addition.

FLRT com system with music, cb, etc

I have a 2015 FLRT that has 29,000 miles on it and has crossed the USA twice with Run For The Wall. It has excellent CB, phone, gps, music, etc., because it has a J&M system. No fairing needed. A simple iPhone and the J&M system makes for a terrific setup. Please check out that company.

J&M Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85713-1997
USA

I have a 2015 FLRT that has 29,000 miles on it and has crossed the USA twice with Run For The Wall. It has excellent CB, phone, gps, music, etc., because it has a J&M system. No fairing needed. A simple iPhone and the J&M system makes for a terrific setup. Please check out that company.

J&M Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85713-1997
USA

Will do Otis, Thanks for the great info... this forum and its community has been a welcomed source for the new trike owners like my self. I look forward to putting some more miles on mine as well, currently at almost 3,000 now.
Are you active or retired military?

J&M stuff

Will do Otis, Thanks for the great info... this forum and its community has been a welcomed source for the new trike owners like my self. I look forward to putting some more miles on mine as well, currently at almost 3,000 now.

USS Buchanan DDG-14 US Navy 65-69 In other words . . . old guy. :)
On the subject of J&M equipment; I took my FLRT to Tucson (nice ride from San Diego) and had the factory do the install. It was their first Freewheeler but the headquarters has lots of talented people and a real service orientation. Even though they needed to improvise a little, they made everything "perfect". Even the antenna is placed so the trunk opens without touching it. High quality people and the product is superior. Using a WiFi module, every feature of my iPhone is directed through the J&M unit to my helmet. I'm going down the highway near Dinosaur National Monument and my wife calls. No problem. All my music is playing through J&M's superior quality in-helmet speakers. Siri gives me directions (where available). In other words, it's a terrific system. I'll go take some photos for you. And the CB, the main part of the system, is outstanding.

A few photos of handlebar mounted com system

IMG_7099.JPG IMG_7101.JPG Sorry these are rotated. But you can put them right to see the iPhone holder on throttle side and J&M module on clutch side.

Attachments

• IMG_7100.JPG
    IMG_7100.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7102.JPG
    IMG_7102.JPG
    823.2 KB · Views: 180
View attachment 38788 View attachment 38790 Sorry these are rotated. But you can put them right to see the iPhone holder on throttle side and J&M module on clutch side.
Thank you for your service to our country Sir! That set up on your bike is very nice, appreciate the pictures as well. They did a great job if getting you hooked up. I've been working all week but in the next few days I'm going to research all these great suggestions that have been posted here. Are those apes on your freewheeler? So cool!..ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back