Batwing Fairing

Jan 5, 2016
Marlborough, MA
Does anyone know what brand of fairing Lehman Trikes might have used on their 2007 Suzuki C90 Jackal trike conversions? I am trying to find out how the radio was installed so that I can change it to one that is more IPOD friendly.

Does anyone know what brand of fairing Lehman Trikes might have used on their 2007 Suzuki C90 Jackal trike conversions? I am trying to find out how the radio was installed so that I can change it to one that is more IPOD friendly.

If it is a Genuine Lehman accessory, the inner and outer fairing are 2 separate pieces. there should be 3 screws down either side of the fairing plus the 3 screws at the windshield. Removing these will give you access to the back of the radio. I think the radio removes from the front and the foldup weather guard is removable, but I really don't remember. I've put so many different fairings on since and they are becoming a blur.:AGGHH:

I would think Lee is right as he's done enough of them. Once you have that fairing open it should be pretty easy to change your radio out. Check out Sony. You can get something fairly full featured for 200 or less. You may have to rework your wiring is its run through to handlebar controls. No too difficult though.

Batwing fairing

Thank you both for the information and the advice. I have had the fairing apart before to install some components for my J & M CB. My next question is about the roll up door feature on the inside fairing that covers up the radios faceplate in bad weather. It appears that this component is holding the radio in the fairing? Do you know how to remove this from the fairing without braking it? Does it just snap off? I do not want to beak it because I probably can not replace it and I want to reuse it. The reason I asked who made the fairing is because I was hoping to find some instructions on how this feature comes off and on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you look at Lee's picture the outer cover does pop off and then for machine screws hold the inner on. Just use a little plastic pry tool like for interior work, harbor sells them cheap, and pop it right off.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back