Baby is home

I am glad that i am not the only one that did that to take the car to the hot date, grinn, you old devil, grinn

Well it is in pieces . The motor is fine I put a little Marvel Mystery oil in the plug hole and cranked it by hand , very smooth with no plug . I replaced the plug has good compression. I shorted out the solenoid and nothing . Next I will remove the starter and bench test it.

Isn't that the same?

I am shorting out the Starter rely with a screwdriver. by doing the you are hooking the wires + and - directly to the motor by passing all electronics. old trick I learned when we wanted to steal dads car with no key.

My Dad spent 2 years doing that to his old ford, cause he was too cheap to fix the switch. It was my job when i rode with him around the farm.:D

You had to remember to run a wire from the battery to the + side of the coil too or it would not start

You had to remember to run a wire from the battery to the + side of the coil too or it would not start

yep, we had a crappy old Massey Ferguson farm tractor you had to start the same way, except one hand had to be spraying ether in the intake to get it to fire.

One this was for sure it was exciting when you jammed a screw driver against the posts sparks flying and you realized you left that sucker in gear as it lurches along, Old man screaming at you from across the field, good days, great memories.

I had a bad fuseable link on a guzzi that was strong enough to give power to everything but the starter. major amp draw on that operation. It took them a awhile to figuare out that it was bad with it not full blown. lost most of its restiance.

A thought any way. Good Luck

Not kidding - just last Tuesday I started my old Massey Ferguson 165 with a screwdriver on the solenoid. It has safety contact switches in the clutch (must be fully compressed), and in the hi-lo range shifter (must be in neutral) before it will start. Fishing for the shifter's sweet-spot 'neutral' point is sometimes a challenge, so I keep a screwdriver handy.

Gonna fix that someday, see - it's right here on my list and is currently down as project #432.:rolleyes:

AHHH The good old days when you could easily "BORROW" someones car without damaging it. If you were really good you got it back without them knowing you "borrowed it"

That all ended with power door locks and hood locks. I got caught because I ran out of gas and I put in more than it had in it when I borrowed it.
Now that I hijacked my own thread. I played a trick on a friend . Every night I would add a quart or 2 of gas to his VW. I got him up to around 80 MPG then we started siphoning out a QT every night and he got about 20 MPG :confused:

That all ended with power door locks and hood locks. I got caught because I ran out of gas and I put in more than it had in it when I borrowed it.
Now that I hijacked my own thread. I played a trick on a friend . Every night I would add a quart or 2 of gas to his VW. I got him up to around 80 MPG then we started siphoning out a QT every night and he got about 20 MPG :confused:

Thats Just EVIL ;)

Ok the news on Baby, today i got a relay out of my parts bin. it was an old Radio Shack 6 amp relay I once used to power my bike horn.
( just to prove a point ) I hooked it up in parallel with the Starter relay, that I assumed was bad. I turned on the key and hit the start button and the bike fired up and almost ran. this is now 2 steps ahead of the last time . 1) step the bike started with the button 2)step it started with no starting fluid. Oh yea the relay fries and the starter motor continued to turn until I turned off the key. Starter draws 10 amps+ relay was 6 amps. :blush:

Well I pulled the carb. apart( Honda kielin carb ) found nothing unusual passed a wire through the jets, sprayed choke cleaner into them and blew it out with air I also turned up the idle and the main adjustment screw. Noe it seems OK Time will tell. Thanks Pete for all the offers. My tow vehicle is in the shop.

Just took it on an illegal ride ( don't tell the cops ) quite peppy around town. gets to 40MPH in a blink. Not much room in the neighborhood for a 0 to 60 . No steep hills close enough to try, with out the plate. I was impressed . Good $800.00 purchase.

Just took it on an illegal ride ( don't tell the cops ) quite peppy around town. gets to 40MPH in a blink. Not much room in the neighborhood for a 0 to 60 . No steep hills close enough to try, with out the plate. I was impressed . Good $800.00 purchase.

Also, the slow speed balance is awesome, isn't it? Now, you want to come down and do the same thing to mine? LOL!

Sure come oick me up.. It only took me 1 1/2 hours. Try first fill the carb with straight SEAFOAM carb cleaner and let sit for a few days

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back