Anybody ever ask a goldwing rider ?

Just had mt '97 wing triked. If I want heat in cold weather, I just open the vents. When closed, I never had a heat problem whether on 2 wheels or 3.

I've heard some Wing trike owners complain about heat

Only time I've felt any warmth on my Wing is when sitting at a traffic light and the fans kick on. The warm air blows out the side vents and the rider may feel it if the wind is blowing right. I've set in some pretty slow traffic and at some long lights in hot weather and haven't been cooked on this Wing like I was on the Triglide I had.

I was talking to 6 Harley riders(2 wheel ) all of them said. HOT .Temps around my area was in the mid 90s all month. Some said not uncommon to see oil

Temp in the 300 deg area. Heck that is what i bring grease to when I make french fries. One guy said he added a cooler. I saw it mounted in the front of the motor . I made a comment on how does it pass cool air through it. He said not well. Sitting still it does not help much. Even on the back roads it only drops temp 8 deg.

Another guy after looking at my Spyder said " you can ride with shorts on with that bike ,I can't on my Wide Glide."

I had a 1500 Gold Wing Champion and it burned my feet up......With the pegs right behind the cylinders even 140 degrees(fan comes on) gets hot..I put highway pegs on to get my feet away..But the thing is so wide with the motor design, that was not comfortable for me...But it was QUIET !! I wanted to punch out the mufflers but I couldn't find them under all the plastic mouldings..Ha!! I've since sold it and will be putting on my 93 FLHS in Oct....Dave

MSOCKO3, same with me on my TruGlide. At Rolling Thunder sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in DC in 90*+ temps, I felt a little heat. 99% of the time whether in traffic or on the road, I am quite comfortable. Like I've said before, I think I have a higher tolerance for heat because it doesn't bother me. So I guess I'm lucky when it comes to riding Harleys. :)

Bike, Spyder, ATV or car, I would never ride in shorts. :gah:

MSOCKO3, same with me on my TruGlide. At Rolling Thunder sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in DC in 90*+ temps, I felt a little heat. 99% of the time whether in traffic or on the road, I am quite comfortable. Like I've said before, I think I have a higher tolerance for heat because it doesn't bother me. So I guess I'm lucky when it comes to riding Harleys. :)

Bike, Spyder, ATV or car, I would never ride in shorts. :gah:

The funny thing is my 06 Ultra with a 120" engine doesn't cook me in traffic like the Trike did. It had to be the poor air movement on the trike, after all they are like throwing a brick into the wind.

The funny thing is my 06 Ultra with a 120" engine doesn't cook me in traffic like the Trike did. It had to be the poor air movement on the trike, after all they are like throwing a brick into the wind.

Yep, For Sure, the extra rear width of the Trike body work is a contributing factor, especially moving.....ThumbUp

Mike, I think you should get rid of that GW, & try one of these. They are quite streamlined to get rid of that "Brick in the wind" effect.........
I don't think ya would even notice it.
BHC-9 Gangsta Trike Motorcycle - Boss Hoss Motorcycles
pepper

Mike, I think you should get rid of that GW, & try one of these. They are quite streamlined to get rid of that "Brick in the wind" effect.........
I don't think ya would even notice it.
BHC-9 Gangsta Trike Motorcycle - Boss Hoss Motorcycles
pepper

Funny this is once upon a time I thought about one, just was turned off by the way they sounded like a car with a bad exhuast system. I don't think their real good on fuel mileage also. I'll bet they get up and go pretty quickly if you don't roast the rear tires off 1st.

For some reason on my wing only my left foot gets hot , but only if I don't wear boots , boat shoes don't work well on a bike , flip flops not at all , but I see folks riding with them all the time.

For some reason on my wing only my left foot gets hot , but only if I don't wear boots , boat shoes don't work well on a bike , flip flops not at all , but I see folks riding with them all the time.

When I had my Goldwing trike I had the same thing left foot would get hot. On a 600 mile trip I had a burn on top of my foot about 2" in diameter and I was wearing boots.

When I had my Goldwing trike I had the same thing left foot would get hot. On a 600 mile trip I had a burn on top of my foot about 2" in diameter and I was wearing boots.

My trip this weekend was only 300 mile and after about a hour I no longer could keep on the stock peg (left side ) had to ride the forward peg except to shift. My wing is a 2010 , my last wing was a 2003 and I do not recall the problem , but it was two wheels not three,.:xzqxz:

I wouldn't get on a bike without over the ankle boots

And jeans - no shorts - that's for the GoldWing crowd.:)

I made the mistake of wearing shorts one time on a Harley. Wife wanted something from the store across from the Hotel, I was kicked back for the night and didn't feel like walking so I had the brilliant idea of taking my bike. On my 2 wheel Harley I always get off on the high side. While getting off I stuck my calf right against the hot pipe, nice 2nd degree burn and a lesson learned.

I have to admit when putting around town on a trike I will wear tennis shoes.

Tennis shoes? Don't your toes hurt doing that or do you use the heel shifter like I do? Even wearing my boots, after awhile my toes hurt.
I'd be afraid of a rock hitting my shins or ankles.

Tennis shoes? Don't your toes hurt doing that or do you use the heel shifter like I do? Even wearing my boots, after awhile my toes hurt.
I'd be afraid of a rock hitting my shins or ankles.

I use the heal toe shifter. I never gave getting hit with a rock much thought because any body part is fair game for flying objects which I've been hit with many of times. The 2 memorable were riding an Ultra Classic with the lowers on.

1st one was when the wife and I were coming home from a trip running a pleasant 2 lane. I was tooling along at 60 mph when I noticed a dump truck coming the other direction have a rock drop from the back. The rock bounced and hit me right in the left knee, hurt like heck and felt like it broke something. I pulled in a stopped managing to support the bike with my right leg, later that evening my left knee swelled like crazy but luckily nothing was broke.

The 2nd one was on a trip out west. We were running along down I90 at 80 mph when I saw something come off my dads bike, it hit the pavement and struck me in the face right below the left eye cutting me. The part turned out to be a piece of his tour-pak latch which had just broken.

msocko3, I got hit on the right knee with a June bug once I thought I was shot. :)

Another time I got stung by a bumble bee and a honey bee together at the same time up in Canada. They must have been doing the nasty when they they hit me(or should I say I hit them). I had on my leather jacket - they hit me in the chest and then slid down inside my left sleeve and then proceeded to sting me. Like you I was able to pull over and that's when I discovered the bees. Luckily my cousin, who is a nurse, was just a couple miles down the road and she was able to fix me up. My arm didn't want to do what I wanted it to do. :)
That's why I ride fully covered - you never know when you're going to get hit and with what. ThumbUp

I hate covering up in hot weather, but the alternatives are very painful.

All that while riding an Ultra. I can't imagine riding without a windshield and fairing.

msocko3, I got hit on the right knee with a June bug once I thought I was shot. :)

Another time I got stung by a bumble bee and a honey bee together at the same time up in Canada. They must have been doing the nasty when they they hit me(or should I say I hit them). I had on my leather jacket - they hit me in the chest and then slid down inside my left sleeve and then proceeded to sting me. Like you I was able to pull over and that's when I discovered the bees. Luckily my cousin, who is a nurse, was just a couple miles down the road and she was able to fix me up. My arm didn't want to do what I wanted it to do. :)
That's why I ride fully covered - you never know when you're going to get hit and with what. ThumbUp

I hate covering up in hot weather, but the alternatives are very painful.

All that while riding an Ultra. I can't imagine riding without a windshield and fairing.

Its amazing how much stuff you can be hit with even with a fairing and windshield in front of you. I don't like bee's, the wife got nailed a couple years ago when she brushed one off my shoulder and into her lap.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back