Anybody ever ask a goldwing rider ?

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
Has anyone bothered to ask a Goldwing rider if they have the same problem The Harley's owners have with HEAT ? Or is this a Harley Issue and not Trike design ? Just wondering.
It scares me about buying one now!

Has anyone bothered to ask a Goldwing rider if they have the same problem The Harley's owners have with HEAT ? Or is this a Harley Issue and not Trike design ? Just wondering. It scares me about buying one now! :cxtv:

My Chevy van runs fine. My TG runs fine. My 01 FX Springer runs fine. Life is good.
PS: Wife also says her Ford runs fine.

Heat not a problem on the Goldwing. I expect that the issue comes from the Harley being air cooled and when it is triked the air flow is greatly diminished causing the heat problem. Not sure that there is a real cure as long as the engine is air cooled and sitting right under you. IMO

Heat not a problem on the Goldwing. I expect that the issue comes from the Harley being air cooled and when it is triked the air flow is greatly diminished causing the heat problem. Not sure that there is a real cure as long as the engine is air cooled and sitting right under you. IMO

Agreed...it is a V-Twin (air cooled) dynamic for sure, although not exclusive to HD. My Victory Pitboss is very hot at temps above 90%, and so is my RoadKing trike. Don't be skeerd RT, if you are a Vtwin guy, get the HD....you can do things to diminish the heat.

Last two years and many miles on my Tri Glide. Love it! Did the Fuel Moto package, Header(cat gone), SE Air Cleaner, Jackpot mufflers, and a PC-V with a map installed by Fuel Moto. Runs no hotter than any other harley that I have had in the past many years. Runs great at many different elevations also.:D

On the 1500 , If you leave the heater vents open or the foot warmer on you can get heat. Don't forget we're the motor is on a wing! U sit over it , exhaust goes under motor. Water cooled . Over 140 deg fans com on.

Heat is generally not ever a problem on Water Cooled Motorcycles.....even V-Rod Trikes don't have these issues. Take a Temp Gun sometime and "shoot" a cylinder head even on a Water Cooled Honda V-Twin (or other brand), and then shoot a Harley V-Twin.....You'll be amazed.....;)

Heat is generally not ever a problem on Water Cooled Motorcycles.....even V-Rod Trikes don't have these issues. Take a Temp Gun sometime and "shoot" a cylinder head even on a Water Cooled Honda V-Twin (or other brand), and then shoot a Harley V-Twin.....You'll be amazed.....;)

:Agree: Night and day difference between the air cooled V-Twin and the water cooled engines. I'm kind of enjoying not having to worry about heat while riding the Wing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back