Another New Guy!

Aug 1, 2020
Waskom
IMG_0674 (2).JPG

Hello! Another new member here. But I'm not new to motorcycles. I've been riding since my first street legal motorcycle, and that was back in 1964. I am just looking for a place where I can learn about my new (to me) Trike. It's an 04 GL 1800, and had only 35K on it when I bought it. I have been across both of our borders. I have swam in the Gulf, and the Atlantic. I've waded in the Pacific.

I have covered most of the lower 48, with the exception on the NE. I like the short rides, but I love the multi state rides. I started camping off a motorcycle soon after I got my first bike, and continued to do so until 2004. This was the year that I decided I wanted a trailer. So I bought my first Goldwing, and I bought the largest trailer I could find to pull behind it. See you guys on the forum!

And thanks for letting me join!04 Goldwing, trailer, and me.jpg

Good morning Myles! Welcome to TrikeTalk from the Texas Hill Country!

I always enjoyed motorcycle camping but have not done so in a number of years now.

Does the little 4-paws go with you on all your trips?

Good morning Myles! Welcome to TrikeTalk from the Texas Hill Country! I always enjoyed motorcycle camping but have not done so in a number of years now. Does the little 4-paws go with you on all your trips?

I'm very familiar with the Hill Country. Give camping another try! Todays gear is so much better than it used to be. And yes, the little fur baby loves to ride. I have a Saddleman Pet Porter that she used to ride in. I got remarried this past January, and the new wife came with a puppy dog too. I haven't figured out just how we can take them on a multiday ride just yet, but I haven't quit yet either. The problem is finding a way for them to ride, and us to ride, as well as pull a trailer.

Welcome aboard from San Antonio. Bring your trike and your new wife down to the Hill Country when the conditions are suitable so we can get a little group together for a ride. I love motorcycle camping as long as my tent is in a place, like a state park, where I can take a shower and it has to be warm enough that I don't freeze on the way back to my tent. I don't have a trailer, so getting everything I need to the campsite is a challenge.

Welcome aboard from San Antonio. Bring your trike and your new wife down to the Hill Country when the conditions are suitable so we can get a little group together for a ride. I love motorcycle camping as long as my tent is in a place, like a state park, where I can take a shower and it has to be warm enough that I don't freeze on the way back to my tent. I don't have a trailer, so getting everything I need to the campsite is a challenge.

I have spent a few nights at Lady Bird Johnson's state park, as well as renting a few rooms from time to time in the Kerrville/Fredricks burg area over the years. And I will be back down there again this October, as Southern Cruisers Riding Club hosts yet another TX State Reunion. My late wife and I spent many a night on the road, camping with nothing that could not be tied/strapped to the bike. And my rule of thumb was always no more than 3 days without a shower.

Good morning Myles and welcome from Alabama. I believe that's the biggest MC trailer I have ever seen. Here's wishing You many happy miles to come.

Thanks, and my trailer is small comparted to some out there! Mine has only a full sized bed, but there is plenty of room for two! Mini Mate in Florida FL.jpg

I have spent a few nights at Lady Bird Johnson's state park, as well as renting a few rooms from time to time in the Kerrville/Fredricks burg area over the years. And I will be back down there again this October, as Southern Cruisers Riding Club hosts yet another TX State Reunion. My late wife and I spent many a night on the road, camping with nothing that could not be tied/strapped to the bikt-upe. And my rule of thumb was always no more than 3 days without a shower.

Hope things work out for ya'll to come down in October.

TrikeTalk usually has an annual get-together the first week of October here in Kerrvile, however this year it has been cancelled due to the uncertainty of everything going on right now.

I looked up the Southern Cruisers event you spoke of.... maybe we can do a meet-up in-between the club's events... give a shout here on TrikeTalk when you get close!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back