Angel In Flight

If anyone wants to ask questions, I will try to answer them, or maybe there is a picture you would like me to take.

Tomorrow we leave Denali and head for Fairbanks. I think we will be there for two or three days. I sure hope the Internet is faster. I feel like I'm on dial up here.

We leave Denali this morning and head north for Fairbanks. This picture was taken last night at one of the hotels. We were waiting for a dinner show to start.

We made it to Fairbanks and I sort of just went into hibernation. I guess I needed the sleep....

Anyway. Today we went moose hunting. (With a camera, not a gun!!!), a couple said the best place to get up close and personal with a moose was here.

We rode the 60 miles but did not see one moose. However, thanks to Kevin and his travel postings, we knew we had to take the ice museum tour. The ice sculpture I fell in love with was this one.

Finally, the moose appeared. It was on the ride back that we spotted these guys. It amazed me that they were eating the grass under water. They seemed to be able to keep their heads submerged for several minutes at a time.

Did someone say cooler weather? I don't think so!! While in Fairbanks they were having a heat wave. People were buying AC units and the hotels had made a run on Walmart for their box fans.

Did someone say cooler weather? I don't think so!! While in Fairbanks they were having a heat wave. People were buying AC units and the hotels had made a run on Walmart for their box fans.

Seriously Dee? 80 degrees or more........you're missing out on 100 more or less every day! Missing y'all & love to read your posts!

Y'all must have thought I've fallen in the Artic Ocean. Nope, it's just real hard to find wifi and/or cell service. It's funny, I can have either/or but I can't have both at the same time.

So far, after Fairbanks we went to Tok, spent the night, the rode to Chicken. My goodness that town has grown since I was there in 2006. It use to have just one store /cafe, now it actually has a city block and a new 2 story "department" store.. I was impressed.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Before we left Fairbanks we went to the Chena Resort to the ice sculpture museum. The following picture is a sculpture of two knights fighting.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back