After a VERY long wait.....

Nice ride, once you get a couple thousand miles under you it'll be second nature to you

I had not been on a cycle in 12 years. So I was a bit apprehensive at first. But after one simple ride around the block it all came flooding back. The riding part was second nature, as if I had never been away from riding for that long. I am still getting used to the handling characteristics of the trike. I am absolutely amazed at how responsive it really is.

We call folks like that weekend warriors, they get their bike out on the weekend and go for a little ride before putting it away again for the rest of the week. There are a ton of them around my area, bikes are as thick as fleas on Saturday & Sunday then virtually non existent Monday through Friday.

Years ago I had a Valkyrie Interstate. Bought brand new with 1.5 miles on it. In a ten month period I cranked out right at 80,000. Traveling for a job can rack up some serious mileage.

Question from a newbie: how did you go about shopping for a trike? I see you live in Virginia, yet you found and purchased a bike in Atlanta. Is there someplace that trike dealers advertise their inventory?

Question from a newbie: how did you go about shopping for a trike? I see you live in Virginia, yet you found and purchased a bike in Atlanta. Is there someplace that trike dealers advertise their inventory?

Well, I can give you one Roadsmith dealer that really stands behind their trikes. They're located in Alabama. Great people to deal with!

KD CYCLE, LLC - About

There are also quite a few other dealers which I'm sure some of our forum members will chime in with dealing in other trike conversions such as MotorTrike, Hannigan, CSC and Lehman just to mention a few. ;) As brogan57 mentioned, Coach Rice seems to also be a very good dealership to work with. I've heard their name mentioned before in a positive light.

You can to go the trike conversion web sites and see where their authorized dealers are located.

Most of the dealers have web sites. I had about two years to look over the various manufacturers and dealers. I found that Coach Rice was one of the biggest Hannigan dealers. He happened to have exactly what I was looking for at the right time. Carl there went a long way above and beyond what was necessary. The bike was even delivered right to my front door. I would most definitely recommend them to anyone. Here's their web sit for you to peruse....

coachricetrikes.com

There are many other dealers out there. Usually you can find them through the manufacturers web sites.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back