After 7 weeks for my Voyager Kit to arrive.

Dec 23, 2023
Hidden Valley, AZ
Name
Joe
OK, I finally bit the bullet and ordered my Voyager trike Kit, they told me 2 to 3 weeks, Well it's been 7 weeks now and it should be delivered tommorow, of course I woun't be home and a freind of mine will come over and use my tractor to take it off the truck. as I will be in colorado shooting prairie dogs for 3 days, if there is any damage to the crate he will open it up and check it out. I got the custom kit with all LED lights to match my 2011 Ultra rear light & the brushed 15" wheels so i they will pretty well match the bike wheels. and since I had plenty of time, I have all the wireing done. I hope everything goes good. when I get back I'll take pictures of the product and fill everyone in with up dates.

It will be worth the wait, it sounds like you ordered a nice one. Did you have the factory paint it? Painting will sometimes delay shipping.

I just had the Black paint. If everything works out I'll have the Fenders and rear painted at a later date. I just got off the phone with the shipping co. and I'll have it here between 8:00am & noon. My Tractor is all set up with the forks so it won't take long to get it off the truck.

Congrats Joe...(y)

It's worth the wait. Please post some pics of your conversion after it's completed!!

So, I got home from my trip to Colorado, and now it was time to start on the voyager trike kit. put on the rear end first (the new axle and the hardwear for the springs & forks, after I installed the belly pan making sure front to back was the same on both sides, my wife helped me and we rolled the bike in to place and bolted her together. Oh yes I forgot I had to remove the fiberglass fenders to put the tires on. then took mesurments side to side and both sides were 14-1/4", on day two I installed the springs & torked everything down, the next thing is to try it out tommorow, if everything goes good I'll do the wireing for the lights and install the rear splash guard. I think she looks pretty good. Drive side.jpg

Joe, it's been a while since I installed a Voyager kit, like ten years or so, but I remember having to make sure to slide a short spacer board under the rear wheel before tightening everything up so it had a bit of preload on the suspension. Is that still the way Voyager recommends setting up the rear?

So, I got home from my trip to Colorado, and now it was time to start on the voyager trike kit. put on the rear end first (the new axle and the hardwear for the springs & forks, after I installed the belly pan making sure front to back was the same on both sides, my wife helped me and we rolled the bike in to place and bolted her together. Oh yes I forgot I had to remove the fiberglass fenders to put the tires on. then took mesurments side to side and both sides were 14-1/4", on day two I installed the springs & torked everything down, the next thing is to try it out tommorow, if everything goes good I'll do the wireing for the lights and install the rear splash guard. I think she looks pretty good. View attachment 126307
I had the kit on a previous Yamaha Venture and it worked well. I wonder if they’ve changed the design much. I put the rear bike wheel up on a ¾” thick piece of plywood then tighten the Set bolts worked best for side to side support. I also carried a small square of that plywood and two wrenches as I found at times the rear joints would come out on rough terrain so I’d have to do another setup in someone’s driveway. Just wondering..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back