ABS and Traction Control Lights

Moegy

50+ Posts
Apr 30, 2018
Ogden, Utah, USA
Have a 2021 Triglide CVO. Have had the lights for ABS and Traction Control come on. No speedometer. No Turn signal auto cancel, no gear light. Took to Dealer. Lots of codes. He can’t find any problem after days of troubleshooting. Since my trike is in the shop two more trikes exactly the same. Exactly the same trouble codes. Dealer working with Harley. So far no fix. Might add the technician is very knowledgeable and been doing Harley’s for over 20 years. Anyone else have this problem? Find a solution?

Have a 2021 Triglide CVO. Have had the lights for ABS and Traction Control come on. No speedometer. No Turn signal auto cancel, no gear light. Took to Dealer. Lots of codes. He can’t find any problem after days of troubleshooting. Since my trike is in the shop two more trikes exactly the same. Exactly the same trouble codes. Dealer working with Harley. So far no fix. Might add the technician is very knowledgeable and been doing Harley’s for over 20 years. Anyone else have this problem? Find a solution?
Without Digital Technician I would use the clues in your first two paragraphs. I think...those functions are routed through the speedometer so I would check the connections within the speedo nacelle. Of course I dont have the luxury of a tech- just go to parts and borrow a new speedo and see if the problem is solved.....

ABS and Traction Control

Without Digital Technician I would use the clues in your first two paragraphs. I think...those functions are routed through the speedometer so I would check the connections within the speedo nacelle. Of course I dont have the luxury of a tech- just go to parts and borrow a new speedo and see if the problem is solved.....

Whatever is causing the problem messes with the ABS and Traction Control features. When brakes applied with foot pedal the trike will pull to the left or right. So I don’t think it is just a speedometer issue. Something is activating the Traction Control. WSS? Wheel sensor system? I was hoping some other trike owners had same problem with a fix.

ABS and Traction Control

Have you tried turning traction control off?

Does anything change?

What is the build date on your trike?

I feel really stupid as I didn’t turn it off. It is now at the dealer in a bunch of pieces so can’t try that. I’ll have to check on the build date. I bought it in Aug 21 right off the delivery truck so should be near that date.

I feel really stupid as I didn’t turn it off. It is now at the dealer in a bunch of pieces so can’t try that. I’ll have to check on the build date. I bought it in Aug 21 right off the delivery truck so should be near that date.

Keep us informed, good luck

ABS and Traction Control

Two more weeks of trouble shooting and no fix. Even changed out the rear wheel speed sensors. Local Harley technician on telephone with MOCO. So frustrating. Worst news for me is local Harley technician is leaving for new job so his knowledge of what he did to repair the trike goes with him. Trike runs great, just has the idiot lights on. So tomorrow I’ll ride it home for the winter and hope for better results next Spring.

Two more weeks of trouble shooting and no fix. Even changed out the rear wheel speed sensors. Local Harley technician on telephone with MOCO. So frustrating. Worst news for me is local Harley technician is leaving for new job so his knowledge of what he did to repair the trike goes with him. Trike runs great, just has the idiot lights on. So tomorrow I’ll ride it home for the winter and hope for better results next Spring.

Bad ground somewhere is the cause I am betting

Its no help to you, I traded mine in two years ago to a Indian dealer, mine was a 2020 the lights were not on when I traded it. Some were along the line the check engine light & ABS light came on & the dealer claims nobody can fix it, they had it two years now & cannot sell it with the lights on. If They ever get it fixed I will let you know what it was? Good Luck

So, it is not fixed, and you want to ride it home? Your call but I would wait until it is fixed and then have them deliver it to you if the weather is bad.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back