A Quick Little Poll

My first bike was a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. I hated it. I dropped it on one of my practice rides, broke the left foot peg off. So I put the peg in my pocket, rode it home, and that was the last time I rode it. Years later, we got me a Honda Helix 250 scooter. It had the wheelbase of a Harley Fatboy, and I got used to leaning, and turning and got my courage for riding back again. Two years later we bought a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50. I rode that bike for about 3 years. I loved that bike because it had the running boards for the feet, and a heel shifter, but I knew I one day wanted to own a Harley. I also had it in my head that my next bike would be a black one and a Harley. Then comes my 2010 Harley Road King. I rode it for about a year and a half, It is the smallest of the touring models and rides awsome. But manuvering it around and things like U turns were a problem so we decided to convert it and now it is my new trike!! I know I'll be riding this for years because I can pretty much do anything with it.

Been riding Hondas since my first bike a 1964 302 Scrabmler in 1964. It was up hill from there, till now with an 02 GL 1800 Hannigan.
It also been a state of replacing the cellar door with wider doors for each bike and trike I bought. The door has been replaced four time since 1974, till now with a 72" wide insulated double door for the trike.
Janice and I deceided to go with a trike so we could ride till we die and bought a trailer big enough for my golf clubs and to put our walkers in, if we ever need them....HAAHHAHAHA The only way we will stop riding will be if our eyesight ever goes!
Enjoy your ride and ride safe.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I still have my FLHRSE3 for now I still enjoy riding it too. I had a hip replaced last November and my right knee cleaned out in May. The knee is going to have to be replaced one day. The trike is perfect for me and the Rollahome camper I'm picking up in a couple weeks at the changing of the colors in Hatfield Ar. The bikes days are numbered

I had a 2012 Harley Tri-Glide and it had heat issues and made engine noises I never heard come from a Harley and Dealer said nothing was wrong so I put up with the issues 2400 miles and traded it for a new 2012 GL1800 with Roadsmith trike and been very happy ever since. Didn't know what I had been missing....

The bike I hade before the trike was a Honda Gold Wing, and was involved in a head on crash while on it so had a choise of no ride or ride a trikel and once you ride a Gold Wing it is hard to ride anything else.I have ridden many different bikes including Suzukies,Kowasakies,Harleys,Triump,several different Hondas. The best part is the wife is comfortable on the trike where not so on two wheels so she , for the most part, is enjoying rides along with me.

What made you have to choose? Did you get hurt? That sounds like a crazy story! Glad you're still here and still on the road!

1st bike was a 150 Vespa, just sold it in November, next bike was a brand new 1972 450 Honda ,Then the 1978 550 K4, sold that 2 years ago. All were in storage since 1985 when my best friend had an accident and stopped riding, friends had babies stopped riding etc. FF to 1996 Best friend decides that it is time to get back on a bike. His now 25 year old son buys a bike so he does too.I pull the 550 out clean it up and off we go. I go to a Christmas party and end up buying a guys 1980 Wing. My friend see it, and by Feb and help of Craig's list has a 1982 Wing. Trouble holding it up with Honey on the back ,I get a Voyager kit added. 3 years later at Americade I try a 1997 DFT trike and I buy it. My friend 2 years later buys a 2002 Goldwing. 2 years ago I bought a 550 Shadow and last year I added a 250 CF Moto V3. Looking at selling the Shadow and replacing it with a Johnny Prag Spyder ( chopper ) still enjoy 2 wheels. I ride 3 cuz I like it not because I have to.

Rode "EVERYTHING & ANYTHING" literally.....ThumbUp...We owned a combined total of seven Motorcycles and Scooters the day we bought the Gold Wing Trike...I traded one Cruiser Motorcycle and one Scooter in on it...Choppers, Bobbers, Sport Bikes (crotch rockets), Cruisers (all brands including Harleys), Touring Bikes, Sport Tourers, Adventure Bikes, Motards, Scooters, etc. ....owned and ridden em' all.....Love the Trike.....pepper pepper pepper

John had both a 2003 Anniv Edition Ultra and a 2003 Anniv Edition Sportster 1200. Woke me up one Saturday morning, "C'mon, we're going to get another vee-hicle." Thought we were going to get my dream car, a Corvette. We drove by the Chevy dealer, past the HD dealer, past Corvette Country. What the??? Pulled up outside the Honda dealer, walked in, saw the biggest, blackest, most wonderful three wheeled vee-hicle ever! Before I knew it, we traded both HDs for the new trike and we still have the big grins on our faces when we ride! Sometimes I miss the 'potato-potato-potato' sound of the Harleys, but we've had so much fun on the trike - going places and seeing sights on our own that we'd never be able to do on two wheels - that we have no regrets!

Been riding since I was 15 on various bikes mostly Hondas until kids arrived. After Kids left I bought a Yamaha 1100 then a GW1500, GW1800. Then Wife told me to trike the wing and she would ride with me (worst mistake I ever made) :D and that is the rest of the story.

Honda Valkyrie. Talk about a learning curve huh? Wife loved the Valkyrie but that backseat and all on the Triglide just made her beat me into submission. The trike took some getting used to but it's fun now.

Had a 1969 Honda 350, 1971 Moto Guzzi 750, 1970 Yamaha 650 sold last bike in 1973. Bought a new TG 2010 in October of 09. 43,000 miles later we still love it.

I was in to showing cars and friends of ours started riding bikes so I decided if I was going to get a bike it would need to be a trike instead. I road some when I was younger (Honda 350) but that was years ago and I wanted something I didn't half to worry about droping. I got a 95 GL1500 to make sure we would like riding and after a couple years got the Stallion. My wife and me both love getting out on the road and hope to continue riding for many years to come.

My love affair with motorcycles began at the age of 11, I live north west Illinois on a 30 acre ranch. My best friend Justin came over on his brand-new minibike and that's all it took. Well, that and getting straight A's for a semester before dad would buy me my own minibike but it was a Yamaha YZ 80 the year was 1980 and I loved that thing. Flash forward to 1994 and I got my first big boy bike. it it was a Honda CBR 600 and I wrote it for about a year and a half before I realized I needed something more comfortable.

In 1998 I got a Harley Dyna glide convertible. I love that bike more than almost any other because you could take off the windshield and saddlebags or leave them on whichever way you wanted. About a year after I got that I also picked up a great '93 Sportster 883 bored out to 1200 with a 24 inch front wheel and completely polished up. It also had a black fat Bob tank. I love riding that too but I can only do it solo because my wife hated the little P-pad seat. I kept those bikes for about three years and sold them both put a down payment on a house. I really wish I had those bikes back because the house is long gone and we've moved three times since then.

My multiple Sclerosis was diagnosed about that time and I was told I would never have the Balance or strength to keep up another bike. I thought my riding days were over. I foolishly thought that till two months ago when I got my Suzuki Boulevard. And now that I have Milwaukee steel in the garage again I love my Harley V-Rod trike and I told my wife that she can take the title and put in the box and bury it. I'm never selling this thing. (Sorry for the long story. I guess I just fell in a day dream of my life)

Last edited:
Before I had my present "WingSmith" (lol) and before that my Valkyrie/Motortrike, I had a 97 Suzuki Intruder. She was a great bike! But an old hip injury was beginning to rear it's ugly head. When I would straddle the bike, especially when I had to hold her up, I'd get stabbing pains in my left hip. At times it was so bad that I couldn't even stand up. This would also happen intermittently when I was riding and would lean into a turn. I knew at that point, a two wheeler was out of the question for me.

How-ever, with that said I can honestly say that I really don't miss two wheels. I love the stability and increased safety of the trike! ThumbUp

A Vespa 150 when I was 14, 2 Suzukis, 1 Yamaha, and a Husquvarna. (all dirt bikes) then a Kawasaki and a Honda (street bikes). Finally made it to a 1200 Custom Sportster and now the Trike. Still felt ok by myself but a little uncomfortable with my better half. Riding much longer now and enjoying every minute of it.

Previous bike was a Honda Gold Wing 1500 but it was distroyed in a head on with a car that came very close to paralyzing me from the neck down. I am now on a Honda Gold Wing 1500 with Lehman trike and it was a choise, either trike or no bike. Besides, once you go Gold Wing you never go back.

My love affair with motorcycles began at the age of 11, I live north west Illinois on a 30 acre ranch. My best friend Justin came over on his brand-new minibike and that's all it took. Well, that and getting straight A's for a semester before dad would buy me my own minibike but it was a Yamaha YZ 80 the year was 1980 and I loved that thing. Flash forward to 1994 and I got my first big boy bike. it it was a Honda CBR 600 and I wrote it for about a year and a half before I realized I needed something more comfortable.

In 1998 I got a Harley Dyna glide convertible. I love that bike more than almost any other because you could take off the windshield and saddlebags or leave them on whichever way you wanted. About a year after I got that I also picked up a great '93 Sportster 883 bored out to 1200 with a 24 inch front wheel and completely polished up. It also had a black fat Bob tank. I love riding that too but I can only do it solo because my wife hated the little P-pad seat. I kept those bikes for about three years and sold them both put a down payment on a house. I really wish I had those bikes back because the house is long gone and we've moved three times since then.

My multiple Sclerosis was diagnosed about that time and I was told I would never have the Balance or strength to keep up another bike. I thought my riding days were over. I foolishly thought that till two months ago when I got my Suzuki Boulevard. And now that I have Milwaukee steel in the garage again I love my Harley V-Rod trike and I told my wife that she can take the title and put in the box and bury it. I'm never selling this thing. (Sorry for the long story. I guess I just fell in a day dream of my life)

Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back