A Day in the Life...

Devin, the "D" in DK Custom, left for Mud Nationals in Texas yesterday....along with a bunch of riding friends!

Trailer one full of toys...Devin's is the orange & black one up front-

Mud%20Nationals%201.jpg

Trailer two-

Mud%20Nationals%202.jpg

Staged at the shop, getting ready to head out for some fun in the mud!

Mud%20Nationals%203.jpg

Kevin

Devin, the "D" in DK Custom, left for Mud Nationals in Texas yesterday....along with a bunch of riding friends!

Trailer one full of toys...Devin's is the orange & black one up front-

Mud%20Nationals%201.jpg

Trailer two-

Mud%20Nationals%202.jpg

Staged at the shop, getting ready to head out for some fun in the mud!

Mud%20Nationals%203.jpg

Kevin

Was this national meet at Saint Jo Texas? I was out riding a couple of days ago and a bunch of mudders were coming out of the place they do Rednecks With Paychecks here.

Was this national meet at Saint Jo Texas? I was out riding a couple of days ago and a bunch of mudders were coming out of the place they do Rednecks With Paychecks here.

March 21-25 at Mud Creek Off Road Park, Jacksonville, TX

http://www.mudnatevents.com/home-3-multiple-v3-2-2/hlatvmudnationals

I've never been...but there are usually over 15,000 that attend. Devin seems to have a blast there each year.

Kevin

Something we've been working on for over a year...

HAAS%20Truck.jpg

...it has been a long road to get the training, funds and space for our own CNC Mill.

It finally arrived the other day. Watching the forklift...

HAAS%20Forklift.jpg

...move it off the truck...

HAAS%20Forklift%202.jpg

...and into the back of the shop, was a 'red-letter' day!

HAAS%20Moving%201.jpg

Once in the shop, there is not enough room to use the forklift, you can see the machine skates under the pallet, enabling us to roll it.

HAAS%20Moving%20Skates.jpg

It was no small task to get the 5200 lb. mill off the pallet and onto the skates for final placement. Each of the 4 skates are rated for 3300 lbs. Note the strength of our Comfort Lift brackets we used between the feet and the skates.

HAAS%20Moving%20Skates%202.jpg

Finally got it in place, off the skates, and ready for the HAAS tech to come in and level it and set it up for use. :)

HAAS%20in%20Place.jpg

Kevin

A new toy to play with!

That's always fun...

It opens doors to all kinds of parts that we previously could not really consider. :)

Very nice. I want to come down and see once you get it up and running. These machines are so cool.

You're welcome any time. Devin is out of town til next week...he's already been cutting a few things. But it may be another 1-2 weeks before it is in production mode.

It is very exciting to watch your company grow.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.:Congrats:

Cool. Thank you. :)

That's going to be a great addition to your company Kevin, congrats.

I think so too. Thank you!

Congrats Kevin, I'd love to come down and visit the shop some day.

Thank you!

You're welcome to stop by anytime!

Kevin

The HAAS tech got it leveled, and then went about calibrating everything.

HAAS%20Gettting%20set%20up.jpg

It wasn't long til Devin started. This is a photo of the First Cut made-

HAAS%20first%20Cut.jpg

First piece cut on it...some soft jaws.

HAAS%20First%20Piece.jpg

After that he used the soft jaws he'd just cut to hold some round stock...

HAAS%20First%20part.jpg

...and cut some LED light units.

HAAS%20First%20Part%202.jpg

Kevin

I have a friend that builds large farm equipment using lazar technology to cut all the metal. You talking about impressive. This is a great investment for DK Customs. Jim

That's an impressive machine.
congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif

I bet there were some major worry moments getting it into position. How many cases of beer did that take?:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug::D:D:D

I have a friend that builds large farm equipment using lazar technology to cut all the metal. You talking about impressive. This is a great investment for DK Customs. Jim

Yeah, laser cutting tables are the bomb!

Impressive, How many cases of beer can it hold...:laugh:......

All i can say is ''WOW''....ThumbUpThumbUp

hahaha, a lot.

Way cool machine

Now y'all can really turn out products in house;)

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff we've been farming out that we no longer will have to...plus we'll be able to do some products that just were not cost effective to farm out. :)

That's an impressive machine.
congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif

I bet there were some major worry moments getting it into position. How many cases of beer did that take?:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug::D:D:D

Thank you.

Yes, it was about 7 hours (split up between two days) to get it off the pallet, back on to the wheels, then rolled into place, then off the wheels. Over half that time was talking about HOW To do it and not break anything or drop anything on our body parts. lol

It was some pretty serious time...even if we had been drinking, we would have been stone cold sober.

But we saved $2700.00...that is how much a rigging company wanted to charge for putting it in place.

When the HAAS tech got there, he spent about 1.5 hours, with his $400 level, getting it level within 1/1000 of an inch (over a 40" span). Turns out if it is not dead-on level, there will be vibration that will cause eventual self-destruction.

Kevin

Tested a LED RBT light...

Pretty bright for not much bigger in diameter than a quarter. This is on "running light"

Run.jpg

Higher intensity for "Brake" or "Turn"...

Brake%20Blink.jpg

Next up was to...

Into%20Water.jpg

...submerse it in water, to see if it really is waterproof. :)

All%20good.jpg

Three hours later, still working well.

Sat%20in%20water.jpg

No, I didn't watch it the whole time...lol...left it and went and worked on a little Gun Control.

Tore up center mass on a bunch of targets. :)

Also, played around with this "self-healing" target for the first time. (Mary got it for me for Christmas).

Self%20Healing%20Target.jpg

Does not appear to be healing too well. Will look at it tomorrow.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back