6 degree rake on GW trike

Jan 21, 2013
Butler, MO, USA
I just installed a Zook's 6 degree rake kit on my 2003 Gold Wing with a 2006 Champion trike kit with no issues. Took me about 9 and 1/2 hours. Great improvement over 3 and 1/2 degree kit installed in 2006 when my Gold Wing was converted to trike. Believe this is the best thing done to improve a trikes handling and comfort to date. With the 3 and 1/2 degree kit it seemed my trike had a lot of understeer. This feeling has completely gone away. Wish the 6 degree kit would have been available in 2006.

Now to work on the rear suspension of the Champion kit to improve the rough ride. anyone with any ideas other than replace the Champiom with a Roadsmith.

Welcome aboard. what do you run for rear tire pressure? Try running around 20 to 22 and see if that helps.

When I had my bike triked by Zook we put his 6 degree rake kit on it. It always felt a little heavy in the front end. So we tore it down and rebuilt the front forks with progressive springs and now it rides like power steering.

The front springs were replaced with progressive when the rake was changed. The back suspension is still the stock Champion with very little travel available. Am researching replacing the coil over shocks with progressive air like I have on the back of my 08 Harley Ultra Classic. I have tried changing the air pressure from as low as 10lbs up to 25lbs with not very much improvement. I still believe replacing the Champion kit with a Roadsmith kit may be the only option left that will satisfy me.

Our Arnott air ride is the best money we've spent on our trike. The Kewlmetal 15deg trees is the next best.

I have a 2010 wing with a 2012 champion kit with 4.5 rake kit and MPA rear tire on the front I will put it up against any other wing kit for comfort and handling. Yes I have rode others and don't see much differance in any of them.