5K Service

I have really bad knees, which is why I bought a trike to begin with ... I also bought a mechanics chair at harbor freight that helps me with everything except draining oil ... might try it.

As for old age being the pits ... I concur ... my doc was doing my annual last year and realized I had turned 60 ... he literally wrung his hands and said, "Ah ... 60, you are mine now, Old age is not for sissies." He did a whole battery of tests, which were all normal praise God, and then actually looked disappointed that I was good. I assured him the knees are really close to needing replacing ... he's been trying to get me to have them done for 15 years ... guess this winter I'll do that ... maybe ... :D

60 You are still a kid!:laugh: My Doc has a standing order for knees and hips replacement. I keep telling him that so far the pain isn't that bad YET and I'm too old (read SCARED) to get cut up by some kid. (Dr. is a year younger than my son) Still just an occasional cane user and only 4 Aleve tabs a day addict.

Oh, last time I was crawling around the floor playing with our 'skoots' I used my Harbor Freight rolling mechanics chair to stand up. Works great!

Ditto old age and trikes!

OK. I have to ask. Which manuals did you get and are there part numbers? I've seen touring model manuals, supplement manuals, and electrical manuals. I have no problem doing my own work, but hate to buy unnecessary items to do so.

OK. I have to ask. Which manuals did you get and are there part numbers? I've seen touring model manuals, supplement manuals, and electrical manuals. I have no problem doing my own work, but hate to buy unnecessary items to do so.

Those are the manuals I have ... Touring, Trike Supplement and Electrical. The part numbers would depend on year and model of your trike ... go to HD.com and in the upper right search box type in manuals. I've heard the Clymers and other such after market are good, but I always get the sales people to throw in service manuals as part of the deal ... then pass the on to the new owner if I sell it outright or as part of the deal for trade.

I appreciate that some of you are able to "wrench" on your trikes! I'm not mechanically-inclined (insert anal here) so I take my TG to the HD dealer for all service and warranty work....20K service is more than just changing the oil by the way. Oh Fuzzy, you're not even considered old at 60 (lol)!!!! :clapping:

That is something I don't really understand, 5,000 mile service?First service is at 1,000 miles, the next is another 5,000 miles so that's at 6,000 miles not 5,000.Never have figured that out. Nothing wrong doing it early just don't know why Harley calls it a 5,000 mile service. I let em do my 1,000 mile service and the even 20,000, 40,000, 60,000 mile services. I do the ones in between.These have a whole lot more to do. The neck bearings need adjusting every 10,000 but I have it done on the services I let them do.Got to stay on top of the neck bearings.Good post.

Oh Fuzzy, you're not even considered old at 60 (lol)!!!! :clapping:

In my case ... it's not the years ... but the miles ... here's just a few of the mileposts:

-cracked skull at 2
-9 knee operations
-2 hernia operations
-rotator cuff operation
-2 Achilles tendon operations
-elbow surgery to remove the burs-is
-2 deviated septum surgeries
-clinically dead twice, once during deviated septum surgery and once due to fungus in the lung caught in the Persian Gulf
-massive staff infection
-4 concussions
-vasectomy
-vasectomy reversal
-23 broken bones
-pneumonia 9 times
-2 perforated ear drum

My Doc once told me, You're too ornery to die", I told him," nope God's not done with me yet."

So yea ... chronologically I may not be old .. but I think I qualify for the over the hill gang ... :D

- - - Updated - - -

That is something I don't really understand, 5,000 mile service?First service is at 1,000 miles, the next is another 5,000 miles so that's at 6,000 miles not 5,000.Never have figured that out. Nothing wrong doing it early just don't know why Harley calls it a 5,000 mile service. I let em do my 1,000 mile service and the even 20,000, 40,000, 60,000 mile services. I do the ones in between.These have a whole lot more to do. The neck bearings need adjusting every 10,000 but I have it done on the services I let them do.Got to stay on top of the neck bearings.Good post.

If there is a service I'm not comfy with, HD will get the nod.

Damn Fuzzy

after having the vasectomy, I don't think I would stand the pain of having a reversal. Felt like the Doc punched my junk, hit me in the head with a hammer and my big toe all at the same time.

then he told me he had to do the other side. He told me to ensure that everything was clear, as soon as I felt like it, the wife and I would need to be intimate 5-6 times in the next month. I said did you say 8-10? He said no 12-15. I asked for 18. Had him write that as a prescription on a prescription pad. He gave it to my now ex wife and told her to get it filled.

She he never read it and took it into the drug store only to return 5 minutes later with a very red face.

Best set month of my life though. Thanks for the memories !😋

Damn Fuzzy

after having the vasectomy, I don't think I would stand the pain of having a reversal. Felt like the Doc punched my junk, hit me in the head with a hammer and my big toe all at the same time.

then he told me he had to do the other side. He told me to ensure that everything was clear, as soon as I felt like it, the wife and I would need to be intimate 5-6 times in the next month. I said did you say 8-10? He said no 12-15. I asked for 18. Had him write that as a prescription on a prescription pad. He gave it to my now ex wife and told her to get it filled.

She he never read it and took it into the drug store only to return 5 minutes later with a very red face.

Best set month of my life though. Thanks for the memories !��

I had a reaction to the anesthesia and had to be put out during the reversal ... Doc didn't want me to be TOO out so he kept me a little coherent ... guess while he had my tubes on a SS tray to see if there was "flow" ... I felt pain and I jumped up and smacked the doc, he had to get three guys to hold me down so he could sedate me all the way ... I don't remember a thing, was told about it later ... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It was an Air Force doc that wanted the experience ... I had to take leave from the Navy to get it done ... My CO was pissed because I checked in from leave went right to sick call with a low grade infection and swollen junk ... I was out of action another two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

And no ... it didn't take ... apparently when you're fighting with your junk tore open, nothing good happens.

Did full service at 1k miles...Mobile 1 20/50 with Amsoil 75/140 Trans...and HD Formula + Primary...will only change oil and filter at 5k...every other service is a full service...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back