2014 Harley Tri-Glide

Jul 11, 2010
Orange city Fl
Thinking of purchasing a 2014 tri glide , private sale in Florida , 3700 miles etc black in color , lots of extras . My only concern is the handle bars shaking/wobbling , currently own a 07 ultra classic with a Hannagan trike kit which has been awesome , any comments would be appreciated , Fred .:Dorag:

Thinking of purchasing a 2014 tri glide , private sale in Florida , 3700 miles etc black in color , lots of extras . My only concern is the handle bars shaking/wobbling , currently own a 07 ultra classic with a Hannagan trike kit which has been awesome , any comments would be appreciated , Fred .:Dorag:
fred a little more detail is needed. do the bars shake at just one speed? accelerating and slowing down at that speed? is the speed around 20 mph? if what i describe is accurate then the steering head needs adjustment. not a big deal.

I am just so use to the Independent suspension , my wife had a 2008 Sportster with a Lehman bandit kit on it , every time she hit a bump the bike would just about come off the pavement up back , also the front end would shake awful .

- - - Updated - - -

Yes , mostly at one speed.:AGGHH:

- - - Updated - - -

But then again , that was on Maine roads , Florida are a lot better !!!:pepper:

Were it me, I wouldn't touch it if there were any steering wobble. If the seller wants to take it to a dealer and have whatever problem there is under warranty, I'd consider the purchase. There has to be some reason he is selling a less than 1 year old trike with steering problems without fixing it.

You can't compare a sportster trike to a Triglide or a Wing. Rent the Triglide for a day an see how you like it. The bars don't shake. They will going over the 2" of paint at the stop bars and cross walks in Florida.

Were it me, I wouldn't touch it if there were any steering wobble. If the seller wants to take it to a dealer and have whatever problem there is under warranty, I'd consider the purchase. There has to be some reason he is selling a less than 1 year old trike with steering problems without fixing it.

:Agree:

That's what I would do.

so I took the bike for a long ride 30-40 mile test ride , it was freaking awesome , I didn't want to come back .LOL no shakes , wobbles , just awesome , lots of extras added on the bike , running boards etc , it is now my bike !!!!! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

so I took the bike for a long ride 30-40 mile test ride , it was freaking awesome , I didn't want to come back .LOL no shakes , wobbles , just awesome , lots of extras added on the bike , running boards etc , it is now my bike !!!!! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Congratulations! I know that feeling well. :)

Kevin

I test road a '09 that had shake to it all the way up to 70. I couldn't wait to take it back to the dealer to get off of it. A few days later I found my 13 and not one bit of shake when I ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back