Windshields

Feb 11, 2012
Dickson, TN
I started to order a Long Ride Shields w/s yesterday and changed my mind. Ok, I'm female I'm allowed... Everyone speak up and tell what your running. And if any of the ladies or short riders that use a shorter shield than the stock, let me know.

I'm having a bad issue with wind buffetting knocking me in the back of my helmet and upper body. The TG has all of Dennis's goodies on it except the 2" lexan piece. I'm used to looking thru a shield, always have. But would like to change that. Does the recurve shorter shields cause your glasses to bounce around?

And I know that Dennis uses the Clark W/S, anyone else and what size?

I started to order a Long Ride Shields w/s yesterday and changed my mind. Ok, I'm female I'm allowed... Everyone speak up and tell what your running. And if any of the ladies or short riders that use a shorter shield than the stock, let me know.

I'm having a bad issue with wind buffetting knocking me in the back of my helmet and upper body. The TG has all of Dennis's goodies on it except the 2" lexan piece. I'm used to looking thru a shield, always have. But would like to change that. Does the recurve shorter shields cause your glasses to bounce around?

And I know that Dennis uses the Clark W/S, anyone else and what size?

I have a 13" light tint flat top from Clark. Nice windshield for the price. It's wider than stock.

10 inch Windvest. vast improvement over stock. if I keep streched out, I can just see over the curved top. maybe a 9 would be a bit better. Right at 6ft tall. wife also sees an incredable difference with the wind .

Running a Long Ride Shield 9" medium tint Ultra. Does the job. Can see over it also, and air is fine for the wife. Had an 9" Xtreme on, but wife said she ate to many bugs.

I went with the freedom windshields 15 inch..I wanted it over my head and the wifes
theres are thicker and doesnt vibrate like the stock shield.

I want the bugs to hit the windshield and not my head :D

F4 8" for summer & a 15" for winter. The 15" I've had for years kept it from my old trike it has about 10,000 miles on it and bought the new 8" last year and the winter was so warm I never swapped them out so it has about 14,000 on it. Love the F4 rain sheds right off above 40 mph or so and it has great clarity I'm 6'2"

How should it fit?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've had a TG since last fall, first cycle ever. I'm tall so I had the dealer put a high windshield on before I picked the TG up. I sit high but I don't see over it, I see through the top two or three inches of it. Is that correct?

Copasetic,
Your windshield is too high. It should be about 2" below your line of sight. You should be looking over it not thru it.

I know that alot of riders like to took thru a shield. Being short,I've always looked thru a w/s, even in heavy rain. It was a little hard to see but I liked having that protection to my face. Those w/s's were on non fairing bikes. Now with the fairing, the buffetting is about to throw me into the gauges.

If I go to a shield I can see over then it will be 6" tall and the windshield bags take up most of that space. Might as well use the windshield bags as a windshield. lol

F4 8" for summer & a 15" for winter. The 15" I've had for years kept it from my old trike it has about 10,000 miles on it and bought the new 8" last year and the winter was so warm I never swapped them out so it has about 14,000 on it. Love the F4 rain sheds right off above 40 mph or so and it has great clarity I'm 6'2"

I looked at the website for this shield. The clarity is amazing and to have the rain just blow off is great. But it looks like they don't help with moving the air.

The Clark shield is very clear and good quality. I look thru the shield. Have for nearly thirty years of riding. No problem for me and NO wind buffeting.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back