Which GPS are you using?

Re: Which gps are you using?

I am installing a brand new 4 year old Magellan Roadmate 300. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas in 2006. I am a little slow on newfangled stuff. I have the fairing off trying to locate a hot that stay hot when the key is off.
I just got my Service Manual back so I'll look in there.
I needed a very large screen since I don't like wearing my glasses.
We will see if it can stand all the vibration?

I have a Road Mate 300 hooked up on mine now. Do u have all the maps installed. If you don't you can get an 2 gig SD card and Magellan will un lock it once for free so you can fill it . Sorry meant to say they will unlock one SD card you can fill it as many times as you like not just once.

Like I said earlier, mine is an antique. It came with a 512 SD card. I have the southeast area in it now. I will be loading up from Alabama to South Dakota for the fall trip.

I really only need to know what direction I am going. I have a compass in my truck also. I just have to know which way is North. Crazy?

I am not to worried about how or when I get anyplace now days. Just ride.

Even for that. I had an OLD e Map 9one of the first GPS was like $600.00 and held 8 meg. No color, no talk ,no nothing . Hand held , I mounted it. Anyway it was great to be able to look down and say OH the high way is up ahead . OR now I can see RT ??? off to the left etc.
The new ones are so much better but back then 1996 it was a wounder in itself. :cool:

OK, I need some help. When I wear my Rayban sunglasses, I can't see the roads on the GPS? I have tried to adjust the contrast and brightness. I know it has something to do with the polarization. I am looking for some new prescription sunglasses since my last pair is sitting along highway 98 in Florida now.
I need to know if anybody is having this problem or am I blind as a bat?

Why NORTH? I am originally from Northern Michigan:eek: For a short time in the 70's I lived in Kentucky. I came to my senses in 1982 and moved to Alabama. I want to make sure I don't take a wrong turn and end up back there. My bride is not very good in the snow:no:

Polarized glass is not good on the LCD I can't see mine either.
I now have Photo Grey eyeglasses for the bike. I can't wear my sun glasses bummer.

Polarized glass is not good on the LCD I can't see mine either.
I now have Photo Grey eyeglasses for the bike. I can't wear my sun glasses bummer.

John & BDN, I just ordered new sunglasses without the polarized covering. It really is a lot safer on a bike/trike without the polarization. One of the biggest advantages of polarization is that it will allow fishermen to see through water - wellllll that is one thing we don't need to do on two or three wheels - we need to see the puddles, not through them. Anyway John is right about why you can't see your streets.

Garland

I wear the clip-on sunglasses that came with my prescription frames. I haven't any problem with my GPS, but I did notice some gas pump displays black out on me. If I turn my head 90° the display clears up. Same with the GPS - I turn it 1/4 turn and things disappear from the screen.

Garmin is shipping the Zumo 660....if you've got a few extra coins to drop.

It's finally got a wide screen and FM Traffic and all the other goodies in their auto line. Near as I can tell though, what you're paying the big bucks for is being waterproof.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot....it can also play audio books to make the miles pass more quickly :confused: ....... go figure!

While I would love to have one, the $799 tariff is a deal killer for me. I dunno, but it seems to me to more reasonable to buy the Nuvi 780 and take my chances on the rain. I could replace it twice (or even buy three the first time) in case the water does it in.

It'll be interesting to hear the advantages from someone who's actually got one.

A friend of mine came over the other day ( true she is using it in the car ) it is an off brand sold by Staples . She paid $ 99.00 for it. It speaks street names and has touch screen, wide screen, color , came with car cord and mount. Worked good . Like you say buy 3 and when one gets wet toss it.

I use the Garmin Nuvi 500 and it is waterproof and comes with not
only street maps but topo maps as well. A few of my snowmobile
friends use them on their snowmobiles in the Winter also.
So you know they are not only waterproof but also VIBRATION proof also !
Rob .....

I like my TomTom Rider, had it now for several months and have not gotten lost. Always found my way home.
GPS.jpg

Yep!... and it's alway ready, instant on, touch and go and if you happen to damage the unit, they will replace it with the latest model for jus $7.99, no questions asked.

I particularly like the instant re-routing feature when traffic gets heavy or if the scenery gets boring.

I have a garmin 2820 water proof. It works alright but nothing special other than you can buy a lifetime update special for $120.00

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back