Excess GPS cord?

Feb 3, 2009
SW Iowa
What do you all do with the excess cord from your GPS when you plug into the 12 volt outlet in the left pocket? Can you get a shorter cord? Six foot of cord is a bunch extra to have wound around something. Wouldn't look very nice with all that extra. What do you all do with it? bigred

At first, I bundled it all together and used a Velcro strip to secure the clump of wires around the handlebar. Didn't like that. So I cut the wire and spliced it back together at the exact length from the GPS to the lighter. Works perfectly fine. I still use the Velcro strip to hold the single wire close to the handlebar.

What do you all do with the excess cord from your GPS when you plug into the 12 volt outlet in the left pocket? Can you get a shorter cord? Six foot of cord is a bunch extra to have wound around something. Wouldn't look very nice with all that extra. What do you all do with it? bigred

I replaced the cord on myGarmin GPS, with a coiled cellphone power cord, takes up a lot less room, on my '12 TriGlide.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back