Where did Your Screen Name come from....

Phu Cat is a small village where I was stationed in '69 in S.E.A. Small base, ya may not have heard of it before. No army, marines or ROKs on our perimeter. We ran our own patrols and manned the 81 MM pits.

Phu Cat

I have to admit, I did not put much thought into a screen name like most of you did. Texas the year of my goldwing and the Motor Trike MT initials.

Maybe next time I will get creative :)

Right after Al Gore invented the internet I joined an online forum dealing with the process of publishing fiction. We had to use a pseudonym to turn in short stories for evaluation. I was a big Hunter Thompson fan and decided to use "gonzo" from the Gonzo Papers. I put a Louisiana spin on it and it became "gonzeaux". Guido comes from the movie Risky Business, as in Guido the killer pimp.

I have used it on tons of forums over the years.

doug

OK...you've all been waiting for this, and I now feel comfortable enough to tell the story. No names will be used to protect the innocent.
I used to ride with a very unsavory MC. We had rival clubs or gangs in the area. I am a little larger than average, and don't take a lot of crap, violence seemed common in those days (I resigned 10 years ago-when my first grandaughter was born).
Long story made short, I took a beer pitcher to my head in a bar rumble (20 years ago). It broke the pitcher (they were heavy glass in those days), and it did not knock me out. My club labeled me "Bad Ass", and it later evolved to americanbadass! Thats my story and I'm sticken to it. 20 stitches later, I was as good as new!
I resemble your story badass.

I went from that unsavory M.C. to another 1% club in northern idaho.

I got out of all that in 1978 because of a private war with another bunch of hippie degenarates like myself. ( there was just somthing about them that CHAPPED MY A**)
It's crazy to think back about the mayhem that insued when someone got to stoned and shot a hole through some clubs party banner?
It's a peice of cloth for crying out loud!
I knew it was time to get out when a club brother made a jackass out of himself to a familey in a resturant and i really wanted to join the farmer and kick his backside!

It got bad enough to bust ketchup bottles and fight my way out of a grocery store, voilence increasd from there and found them outside my home where i had a wife and two baby daughters.
I got out for their sake. I no longer drink, I lost all control of that, mostly due to my self isolation. I don't care if others do, thats not my business.
For a lot of years i hated most everbody and threw poison down my throat, Hoping someone else would die from it?

When i became became a licensed demolition guy, i knew i better change my wolfish thinking.
( This is just another story about the high cost of low living?)
I did have allot of damn fun though! My life has had plenty of crazy episodes and crazier people to write stories about.

I got my screen name from my Grandma, She called my 89 tour glide a wolf in sheeps clothing when i first got it 24 yrs. ago.
The name stuck to the bike as well as me!
It's a heck allot better than what i was once called!

My screen name came from back in the late 70's. We were in a Custom Van club out of Michigan. I worked with a guy at G.M. and he was just starting to join this van club. I helped him after work a couple of days a week build his custom van. He asked my wife & I to go to waht they called back then was a TRUCK IN So we packed our bags and rode with him to Canada for our 1st Truck IN of many! Well after we came back from that. I ordered a van for us & started putting an interior in it also! While working on it I noticed that every Custom van had a Name. So I started to try and find one for my Van also. Me being an old Hot Rodder. I love nice sounding pipes. I got a pair of Zoomie pipes. Some what like the Funny cars run at the drag strips. Not as loud as those but had a nice tone to them. One night my wife & I were walking thru a mall in our area. When I saw a movie playing called ROLLIN THUNDER! I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at my wife and said thats IT! Going call the Van ROLLIN THUNDER ! And the name has stuck for over 35 yrs now! More to that story but that was the SHORT versionThumbUp

Middle name Tom wife Name Cathy when I bought a bought a boat it became the "Tom-Cat" carried that name as a business owner as TomCat Inc. When Chartering the Boat occurred I saw the Military patch for the F-14 Fighter Jet named the Tomcat so wore the patch and got the name.

After the 2009 riding season reality set in: either give up riding or find an alternative to two wheels. (Back problems.) Not wanting to give up riding I went with a CanAm Spyder RTS with a semi-automatic transmission. Three wheels were great. I rode the Spyder for two-and-a-half years and loved it. However, it was still spending too much time in the shop. So last October I traded it in for a 2012 Harely TriGlide. Therefore, it's "gottab3."

Mine comes from the '70s. I was being a roadie for a friend's R&R band and I would get pretty wasted and beat along with the song on the table, so one night my friend introduced me as "Bongo" Bob. From there the rumors started that I actually practiced several hours every day, etc. One night somebody actually produced a set of bongos and I actually had to play them at 1 in the morning!

Because there are sooo many "Bobs" in the world to have something else tacked on to it helps personalize it, so Bongo stuck. I found out though about 15 years ago that I'm not the only Bongo Bob, and that Bongo Bob Smith actually writes songs and produces some Contemporary Christian groups...

In my entire life, only knew one other person with the name "Hank", but as soon as I started posting things on the internet, found many, many others. I added 43 to my name, because that is my birth year.

hank43

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back