whats this cap?

Aug 5, 2020
Glendale, Az USA
Just bought a 1996 Goldwing 1500 Trike and I dont know what the cap is under the left passenger cover under the rear armrest Gas? Oil? Coolant?Beer Holder?

Mystery Cap

Cant really tell where it goes to unless I take the rear off, I haven't found any petcocks or reserve tank switches smelled like gas to me so I tried to put gas in it but seems to be full. Now Im worried I put something in the wrong hole, I dont think enough gas to cause an explosion went in but I still worry so If anybody has any idea shout out.... and Thank You

Last edited:
I agree with gas cap and thus the trike has a secondary tank.

Can you crawl under and check for a cell? It could just hold extra fuel?

Last edited:
Mystery Cap

I got under it as far as I could, Gotta do a minor mod to my lift then i can get under there, cant get down under stuff like I use to, lol. but I think your all right gas, it may not even be hooked up, or its a very small tank. Gotta do the tires and fork seals next, but not till i can get it in the air...Thanks for all the insight this forum ROCKS! It's been an interesting first day.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back