What do you carry at all times?

A surprise >>> lets put it this way , one would have a better chance with a hunk of meat hangin from them in a lions den

Kimber 45 ultra carry. Just like an American Express Card, don't leave home without it.;)

Seriously, this thread made me consider what I should have on board in case of a mechanical problem. I carry the insurance card and registration rolled up in an old prescription bottle (no lablel). So, I was digging around today for an adapter to use a socket on a small impact driver and found an old automotive tool kit that I used to carry in the camper. It measures about 14x11x3.5 inches and has a 3/8 socket set in sae and metric, sparkplug socket, a screwdriver handle with an assortment of bits, torx and hex, a circuit tester, tape, wire, small jumper cables, flashlight, needlenose pliers, small crescent wrench, air gauge and a tool to break car side glass and cut seatbelts. This is a cheapo kit, but it is compact and might have just what a person, me or someone else needs to make a minor repair. So, in the trunk it went. picture shows it opened up, it folds like a clamshell and there is room for a little more stuff. ThumbUp

dan's phone pics 001-001.jpg

Seriously, this thread made me consider what I should have on board in case of a mechanical problem. I carry the insurance card and registration rolled up in an old prescription bottle (no lablel). So, I was digging around today for an adapter to use a socket on a small impact driver and found an old automotive tool kit that I used to carry in the camper. It measures about 14x11x3.5 inches and has a 3/8 socket set in sae and metric, sparkplug socket, a screwdriver handle with an assortment of bits, torx and hex, a circuit tester, tape, wire, small jumper cables, flashlight, needlenose pliers, small crescent wrench, air gauge and a tool to break car side glass and cut seatbelts. This is a cheapo kit, but it is compact and might have just what a person, me or someone else needs to make a minor repair. So, in the trunk it went. picture shows it opened up, it folds like a clamshell and there is room for a little more stuff. ThumbUp

View attachment 35934

I carry a kit that looks just about like that myself, a first aid kit (too many years as a FF/EMT)... and my .357 🔫

And no, before you ask, if I put a hole in someone the first aid kit stays in the trunk!!!

I have a lot of what everyone else has;First Aide Kit, Fire Extinguisher, small assortment of hand tools, soft rag,detailer, extra gloves, nylon connectors, electrical tape, zip ties, small bungie cords.

For the folks who have a handgun, when riding where do you carry it? On the person or somewhere on the Trike?

I know if I need it, quick access would be a good thing.
I also know carrying has its own issues.

Suggestions?

For the folks who have a handgun, when riding where do you carry it? On the person or somewhere on the Trike?

Suggestions?

I carry mine in my inner vest pocket or my inner or outer jacket pocket, hence the Ruger LCP. My EDC is a Glock 19, which I typically carry in a N82 IWB holster, but I just can't carry it comfortably when riding the trike.

Suggestions?

I carry on my person in a gun pocket inside my leather jacket or my vest depending on which I am wearing. I have a friend who carries under his jacket in a shoulder holster. That works for him. If needed it has to be easy to get to and comfortable as previously stated.

Is it safe to assume that everybody that carries a firearm has a concealed carry permit or whatever the state you reside in calls it? Do you know what states honor that permit, also known as reciprocity? I live on the Mississippi river in Iowa, if I cross the bridge into Illinois with a concealed handgun I'm breaking the law. If I go about 25 miles south into Missouri I'm good to go. We like to go to the mountains in New Mexico and Colorado in the summer to escaped the heat and humidity, I can legally carry all the way to NM, then my permit is not recognized, but it is in CO.

You can go to usacarry.com and bring up a reciprocity map that will show you the states that honor your permit. This is a REALLY good thing to know. Now you guys have got me wondering what the right thing to do if you are riding through a state that does not have reciprocity. In a vehicle I clear the weapon and separate it from the magazine, gun in a storage compartment under rear seat and mag in glovebox or center console. A trike, especially one with only one trunk, then what?

I guess I'm lucky since I'm federal law enforcement, so mine carries over to all 50 states, at least that I'm aware of.

Just a couple of weeks ago when in Chicago I went to the Willis Tower, and all I had to do was get a police officer on the premises to verify my ID and I was allowed to carry up to the 103rd floor Sky Deck.

So my weapon has been on 'The Ledge' at 1,353 feet.

Bohica66, we are nearly neighbors. Fort Madison is an old stomping ground of mine. I was born in Burlington. I can't tell you how many times I've been across that old draw bridge.

Is it safe to assume that everybody that carries a firearm has a concealed carry permit or whatever the state you reside in calls it? Do you know what states honor that permit, also known as reciprocity? I live on the Mississippi river in Iowa, if I cross the bridge into Illinois with a concealed handgun I'm breaking the law. If I go about 25 miles south into Missouri I'm good to go. We like to go to the mountains in New Mexico and Colorado in the summer to escaped the heat and humidity, I can legally carry all the way to NM, then my permit is not recognized, but it is in CO. You can go to usacarry.com and bring up a reciprocity map that will show you the states that honor your permit. This is a REALLY good thing to know. Now you guys have got me wondering what the right thing to do if you are riding through a state that does not have reciprocity. In a vehicle I clear the weapon and separate it from the magazine, gun in a storage compartment under rear seat and mag in glovebox or center console. A trike, especially one with only one trunk, then what?

+1 on carry permit and understanding reciprocity... uscarry.com is good website for gun owners to look at.

As far as carrying through a state that does not have reciprocity with my state I clear my gun and store it in a gun case in the trunk and ammo goes in a separate compartment. If you don't have a top trunk, a soft travel bag is still a separate storage area.

I agree this is definitely a subject to fully understand if you carry.

Bohica66, we are nearly neighbors. Fort Madison is an old stomping ground of mine. I was born in Burlington. I can't tell you how many times I've been across that old draw bridge.

Hey Catfish. You probably can't tell me how many times you wanted to go across that bridge and it was open for a barge either. What a PITA! Did you ever ride from Nauvoo to Hamilton? Pretty scenic for our area.

Hey Catfish. You probably can't tell me how many times you wanted to go across that bridge and it was open for a barge either. What a PITA! Did you ever ride from Nauvoo to Hamilton? Pretty scenic for our area.

You are right about the barges. Many times I've sat on that bridge waiting for a barge to pass through. As for Nauvoo, I trip up there pretty often. I can leave Quincy on the bottom roads all the way to Warsaw. From there to the East of the Keokuk bridge and up the river road into Nauvoo. It is a great ride for a day trip. The wife enjoys the Wine festivals in Nauvoo. We need to meet up sometime in the very near future. ThumbUp

You are right about the barges. Many times I've sat on that bridge waiting for a barge to pass through. As for Nauvoo, I trip up there pretty often. I can leave Quincy on the bottom roads all the way to Warsaw. From there to the East of the Keokuk bridge and up the river road into Nauvoo. It is a great ride for a day trip. The wife enjoys the Wine festivals in Nauvoo. We need to meet up sometime in the very near future. ThumbUp

Sounds good ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back