What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I used the U bolt mounts for both of mine. I have them mounted near the center of my handlebars, one on each side so that my phone and GPS are protected by the windshield.

I thought I would like the perch mount, but after looking at it, I'm thinking of trying it the same way you did. Thanks.

He is leaving tomorrow morning for Sturgis & I mentioned to him I have been looking at phone mounts before my trip to Durango. He pops in his trailer, which is chocked full of goodies, mainly vendor samples & emerges & tosses me a box & says, "Pops, I got you covered". When it cools down, I have an installation to do.

View attachment 74297

I got the RAM mount installed. I mounted it on the left side about 1/3 of the way down & after playing with several spots, using the U-bolt. What's nice is that it's easy to move if after a road trip I'm not happy with the location.

I though I would really like the perch/control mount, but I just didn't want to mess with it, as it's set perfect for me & does not come loose.

I got the RAM mount installed. I mounted it on the left side about 1/3 of the way down & after playing with several spots, using the U-bolt. What's nice is that it's easy to move if after a road trip I'm not happy with the location.

I though I would really like the perch/control mount, but I just didn't want to mess with it, as it's set perfect for me & does not come loose.

I like having my screen low in front of me because I wear progressive lenses. I don't have to move my head to see the screen.:matrix:

Reactions: MDO
I'm heading out on a 75 mile ride to visit my grandkids, but I think I'm done messing with my FW for a while.

UPDATE: Great ride and my FW is running fantastic & the RAM phone mount worked great. I have a separate small GPS unit & it will also hold it. I'm pleased with the product.

When I return from the 4 Corners Rally in Durango, It will be time for the 10,000 mile service, which is 1/2 done already.

In the fall, I will be doing a oil/filter change, using Redline 20W/50 and my remaining HD filter. After that it's all K&N's, as I have 3. I'm planning on alternating between Lucus & Redline, as I have a lot of each, and I know Jack wanted me to mention what oil I use to trigger a discussion.:wave4::cool:

Well I fetched my trike from the dealers this morning. But not before paying them £700 for fixing my school boy error damages.

So so nice to have it back. I treated myself to a nice ride in the rare British sun shine we are having.

Did you get your old parts back?

hi Jack

i managed to get the pads but not the discs. As I’ve only done a few miles on them they are perfectly fine. It’s a crazy policy.

ill just use them when these new ones need swapping over.

No riding today as it's raining here in STL. After today, we have 5 days of mid-80's & low humidity.

Have a 100 mile ride planned for tomorrow for lunch & to plan our Durango, CO trip.

I love multi-tasking.:cool:

I installed the newly rebuilt reverse motor in the wifes 15 FW. And went over the reverse dos and don'ts. Again. I dont think she'll be backing up 100' ever again. This boner cost her 349.00 total. But it beat 1300.00 plus labor. My labor charge is cheap. Ice cream.

Nice. Did you have to pull the body to get to it?

Went on a 75 mile family group ride today. I led, my wife rode her trike and my son followed on his Sportster.

Beautiful weather and scenery.

It was my wife's first time riding solo on roads. She done good. It was a mix of two lane roads, highway up to 55, and some in town stop and go. We kept the speeds in check. Up until today I always rode with her as a passenger to guide her.

If she's like my wife. The minute she's comfortable with it. She'll be non stop. My wife does all her running around on it. Even just running to the market for a few things. Out of nowhere she showed up at my job with her trunk stuffed with things from the market. I'm 30 miles from the house. And 15 miles from where she shopped. After today I believe she'll be at 1000 miles on her own in the 2 months she's been on the trike.

If she's like my wife. The minute she's comfortable with it. She'll be non stop. My wife does all her running around on it. Even just running to the market for a few things. Out of nowhere she showed up at my job with her trunk stuffed with things from the market. I'm 30 miles from the house. And 15 miles from where she shopped. After today I believe she'll be at 1000 miles on her own in the 2 months she's been on the trike.

Great grocery geters, I almost always use mine for shopping;)

My lunch ride went from a 100 mile trip to 150 miles. It was so nice out we went another 25 miles to the next town for lunch & ended up in Hermann, MO, in the heart of Missouri wine country.

Great ride & great food. When I got home, I installed Jack's favorite oil, Quicksilver 20W50 full synthetic motorcycle oil. I picked it up on sale for $4 a quart. After using this, I'm down to 8 quarts each of Lucas & Redline 20W50. I have never had so much oil on hand in my life, I always just bought it as needed.

I have a hard time turning down good deals & I never turn down free.:D

My lunch ride went from a 100 mile trip to 150 miles. It was so nice out we went another 25 miles to the next town for lunch & ended up in Herman, MO, in the heart of Missouri wine country.

Great ride & great food. When I got home, I installed Jack's favorite oil, Quicksilver 20W50 full synthetic motorcycle oil. I picked it up on sale for $4 a quart. After using this, I'm down to 8 quarts each of Lucas & Redline 20W50. I have never had so much oil on hand in my life, I always just bought it as needed.

I have a hard time turning down good deals & I never turn down free.:D

I think your engine is going to like that oil:clapping:

There’ll be no keeping her down on the farm now!

GOOD for her!

Finished up the stereo install. Got the speaker grills and had to modify the hell out of them. They were are .25" to big on the OD to fit. Have gringer, will fit. Some light sanding. 3 coats of black and they're in. Now waiting on my Factory 47s. Been 2 weeks. Said 2 to 3. When I ordered them they said they were in process already. I'm hoping that was chroming not fabricating.

Finished up the stereo install. Got the speaker grills and had to modify the hell out of them. They were are .25" to big on the OD to fit. Have gringer, will fit. Some light sanding. 3 coats of black and they're in. Now waiting on my Factory 47s. Been 2 weeks. Said 2 to 3. When I ordered them they said they were in process already. I'm hoping that was chroming not fabricating.

I like the stock bars & exhaust. I'm assuming Factory 47s are new bars?

I got a nice 50 mile ride in. The temp here in STL is creeping up a little & its about 87°.

I have asked an indy shop & my chosen dealer how much to change my front tire & everybody says $60.

I'm planning on getting it done early next year. If I remove it, Cycle Gear will do it for $25, but I'm getting lazy in my old age:D.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back