UNBOXING - Kevin's New Brain Bucket - What Do You Prefer? Skid Lid? No Lid?

Thanks for the great info. I used a Nolan modular for the last 7 or 8 years and liked it real well. The only down side I had was the shell size was pretty big. (In order to fit my big ol' fat head). So I felt some wind buffeting on my head from time to time. I do exactly what you do with the chin and neck protectors...... Toss them aside. I just plain wore my Nolan out and it got sent to the recycle bin a couple months ago. I replaced it with an HJC modular. That required me to go up a couple sizes in order to get the correct fit. I did check my latching posts and they are metal on the HJC too. However, there is some plastic involved with the final attachment to the helmet itself. I hope I never need to find out how sturdy the attach points are. My Nolan and HJC are the same color as yours. I have had other colors and know there is a big difference in heat going from dark to lighter colored helmets, especially here in the desert S.W.

Thanks again.....

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for sharing what you've done helmet wise.

Looking forward to seeing you at the AZ get together later this year.

Yeah, a lighter color makes a difference. Everything used to be all black, now the silver is what I use, and in the video you can see Mary went to White. Her mesh jacket is also white, for the same reason.

Glad you're liking the HJC. Lots of folks have really great things to say about them.

Kevin