Trunk Button

Truckdogg4

10+ Posts
Sep 17, 2022
Decatur
The button to the bottom trunk quit working. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I have called 3 dealers listed on CSC site and they all say they don't repair trikes.

Mine is tricky sometimes I have to press the button on the remote the lights will flash and then the button on the trunk will work but you have to be quick, the button on the trunk only releases it for a second.

Check the wiring: Sometimes, the issue may be with the wiring of the button. Try checking the wiring to ensure that it is connected properly and not damaged. You may need to remove the panel covering the wiring to get a better look.

Check the switch: If the wiring appears to be in good condition, the issue may be with the switch itself. Try testing the switch with a multimeter to ensure that it is functioning properly.

Replace the button: If the wiring and switch appear to be working properly, it is possible that the button itself is faulty. In this case, you may need to replace the button with a new one.

Since it is a 2021 conversion - CSC has a 5-year warranty. I might think that should you indeed contact CSC, they will find a dealer that is willing to make this repair. From what I understand about their dealer body, they maintain some pretty tough guidelines - even requiring that the installers visit their location from time to time for a refresher.

How long had it worked before it quit working? Was your trike body painted at the CSC factory or painted by the dealer? Just curious....

The problem is likely going to be the switch itself. Pull the glued-in trunk carpet down away from the switch and you'll be able to inspect the underside of the switch and wires (it's a tight space though so good luck). You may find that one or both of the two tiny wires going to the switch have frayed or pulled loose which can happen during installation. That, or the switch just failed.

Best bet is to call Will at CSC and order a replacement switch which comes prewired with the proper plug on it.

Also, after receiving the new switch, I'd suggest you first just unplug the old switch, leaving it in place and plug the new one in before uninstalling the old one and reinstalling the new one. If it works, then carefully install the new switch and ring nut as it's easy to damage the frail little wire's solder connections due to lack of space to work with.

How long had it worked before it quit working? Was your trike body painted at the CSC factory or painted by the dealer? Just curious....

The problem is likely going to be the switch itself. Pull the glued-in trunk carpet down away from the switch and you'll be able to inspect the underside of the switch and wires (it's a tight space though so good luck). You may find that one or both of the two tiny wires going to the switch have frayed or pulled loose which can happen during installation. That, or the switch just failed.

Best bet is to call Will at CSC and order a replacement switch which comes prewired with the proper plug on it.

Also, after receiving the new switch, I'd suggest you first just unplug the old switch, leaving it in place and plug the new one in before uninstalling the old one and reinstalling the new one. If it works, then carefully install the new switch and ring nut as it's easy to damage the frail little wire's solder connections due to lack of space to work with.

Great tip. Will keep this in mind in case something happens to mine. Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back