Triking a Valkyrie

Aug 21, 2011
Gloucester MA. usa
Hello- If you had a Honda Valkyrie 1997-2003,and you wanted to do a trike conversion,what conversion would you choose? I would like the best all around handling and suspension.
thank you,
Ray

IF I was looking I would have to look at Motor Trike since I live in Texas and only 22 miles from their Factory. Their brochure shows what they have available. The only Item I would look for that they don't show offered is Independent Suspension. I have this on my 2007 wing and having rode both I perfer it over solid axle for the smoother ride. Not sure if dealers are available near you.

+1 on the Motor Trike. Don't know who else is doing one for the Valkrie Might check RoadSmith they used to do one.

For what it's worth, my previous 97 Valkyrie had one of the earlier MotorTrike kits (solid axle). I never had any negative issues with her. How-ever, if I had a Valk now I'd try and look for a kit that has IRS.

My 99 Valk was CSC converted in 2011 and I am very pleased with it. The color matched to perfection and I am pleased with the solid axle as the hills here in Kentucky all lean right and she leans left. Perfect ride. Seriously, I have rode a Goldwing that was IRS and I didn't like it. The solid axle just felt more secure--more bumpy-- but stayed more on the road I felt. Look at the other ones and check which one suits your fancy. They are all nice and comfy and vary in price according to options. ENJOY !!!

Gabby

Very happy with the Roadsmith kit on my '97 Valk. It is a bit longer than the others, and has independent suspension, so ride is good. The passenger sits slightly forward of the back axle, intead of directly above, so gets a little better ride also. Handles well with the rake kit and Michelin rear tire up front. I also installed an upgraded rear brake master cylinder from the Trike Shop. See if you have a good intaller close by, and try to get a test ride. Experienced installer is a must, regardless of your choice of kit.