Triking a Sportster 1200 a bad idea?

I converted my 2007 last yr. Bumped it up to 1200cc 1st then added the Roadsmith Conversion kit. This was all done by my local motorcycle mechanic. This was his 1st one, now he is one of Roadsmith's dealers since he liked it so much and found it easy. My Trike has plenty of power at 1200cc but if you convert it get a bigger gas tank. I only get 90 miles/gallon with my original tank.
Ladyff, you have a PM! :)

I made my trike from a 1997 sportster 883 and have no regrets The 1200 kit is a gr8 option and i do plan on doing it at some point but have had no problems thus far power wise and in long trips. Hope you enjoy whatever option you choose and ride safe.

Like everything else . If you are use to 1800 cc a 750 will feel under powered . It is however plenty of power. I just bought a 500 shadow and even tho it aint no Goldwing 1500 I am still pleased with the ride for what it is. Remembering back to the 70's when everyone rode a 350 Honda. the 650 BSA and Triumphs were like dream machines . The 750 4 Honda was king of the hill.

I am just finishing up a 2009 XL 1200 for my wife and all I can say this thing hauls. I used the Frankenstein kit which is very well made and easy to do. I highly recommend installing the raked tripple trees if you go this route. Good luck and have fun with the conversion. John C.