Trike rear bumper

Steve, I don't know if you ordered anything yet, but I was looking thru some car magazines yesterday and saw a collection of tube bumpers & nerf bars for street rods, I realized that with a little fabrication I could create a rear bumper for my TG no one else would have. If you or some of your friends have some fab skills I bet you could have your own custom bumper. One of the things I thought about was making a bumper that would be wide enough to protect the back of the rear fenders, with all the different size & style tubes it would not be big & bogus looking. The center section could be as wide as the trunk area and 2 smaller sections for the rear of the fenders, but not to the outside edge. I think it would look better being a little shorter and you wouldn't be hitting the end of the bumper when walking around the rear corner of the TG.
Sorry if this is a little long winded, I'm designing mine while I'm typing this, it will be my winter project for my TG. :D I will be filling for a design patent tomorrow. :laugh:

Make the area behind fenders to hold the small coolers. This way out of the way of trunk area.
Dennis

The rear bumper is added security against damage and looks good. And you can hang your wet undershorts off them to dry, after you get pulled out of the creek.

........What's it used for? .....

Seriously GoSlo, you never drag raced or street rodded. That little tank was the main source of fuel.. Fuel, that stuff that you can't find between Hot Springs, SD and Brush, CO. Ran out about 9 miles out of Brush coming out of Sturgis on Hwy 71. Lucky the chase vehicle had some.

I've got a tank just about like that hanging on my the wall of my shop. Ran it on my '32 Vicki. But mine has Moon Eyes on it.

Back to the rear bumper issue....I bought one off eBay for $40.00 that was scratched up badly.. Sent it to the power coating people, Came out great. Ran into a fellow at the dealership that had to have it sooooooooo, $200.00 later I had $$$ to buy a chrome one.

8~\o

Seriously GoSlo, you never drag raced or street rodded. That little tank was the main source of fuel. I've got a tank just about like that hanging on my the wall of my shop. Ran it on my '32 Vick. But mine has Moon Eyes on it.
8~\o

That's what I like about this place,people old enough to remember really cool stuff. ThumbUp

Are you inferring that I'm a youngster? Thanks!! :clapping:

Most people I know sure wouldn't agree with that!! :(

You didn't recognize that Moon fuel tank so you FAIL! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
(I was referring to Texan) :cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back