Trike Ramps

Oct 28, 2010
Springville, al
I made these a few months ago and they work great for changing oil and getting under the trike. They are made from 3-8 Ft. long 2x8 boards. Stack them and cut them 32" long. Should make 3 pieces. The flat part where the tires will rest is 12" long. from the 12" mark you can scribe your angle to the 32" end. This will give you an easy angle so it will be easier to drive up on. On the front section you will notice that it is cut at the end of the 12" mark and has an aluminum piece on each side. This is just what I had to lock the 2 pieces together.

You could use screen door hooks. When you get the trike up on the ramps you can take the angle piece out from under the trike for more room and get it out of your way. I found the handles at a discount hardware store for 1.50 ea. Note..only screwed a few screws so it would not interfere with the saw. After the angle was cut we went back and screwed in the rest of the screws on the angle portion. We had a large band saw to cut the angles. Think I have less than $20 in this and it works for me. Some of you trikers I am sure, can take this and come up with something that will work for you.OH! the front safety stops were made from the scrap angle pieces.ride safeThumbUp

Check out this $20 lift. It was designed for a Harley two-wheeler but could probably be modified for a trike. $20 Bike Lift

I'm thinking of trying a version of this then placing jack stands under the rear axles for stability. My BMW Hannigan trike probably weighs about 1100 lbs, so I'll have to cobble up a prototype from scrap pieces laying around my garage and see if I can get it off the ground by myself. Looks pretty straightforward though.

They look great, very similiar to mine except I didn't have access to a large bandsaw and had to make the angle portion in layers of 1/4" masonite glued together and was also detatchable after driving the trike up.

I use the same ramps I use on the car only I found a third one at a garage sale for the front wheel. Have the ability to scoot under either trike for adjustments, oil changes (Shadow trike only). The 7 inches of extra clearance is great if I have to remove the seat of the GW trike for any reason.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back